Travelling after finger printing

sarwarmd

Registered Users (C)
Today I have completed my finger printing. But I am flying for India for couple of weeks starting on 09-28-2012 and returning on 10-14-2012. I hope that there would not be an issue.
Another glitch is that I would not be able to naturalise my application until my daughters get their I-485 approved.

That means, I might have to postpone my N-400 interview atleast one time to wait for my daughters I-485 applications to be appproved after my wife's
N-400 is approved.

Do you think that I will encounter any issues for my daughters I-485 approvals or my N-400 application?
 

CalGreenCard

Registered Users (C)
Today I have completed my finger printing. But I am flying for India for couple of weeks starting on 09-28-2012 and returning on 10-14-2012. I hope that there would not be an issue.
Another glitch is that I would not be able to naturalise my application until my daughters get their I-485 approved.

Looking at the following website, trackitt.com:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

It looks like the gap between the receipt of the interview letter and the interview is never less than about 30 days. Since you are returning from India less than 30 days from today, it is highly unlikely that any further action will be needed from you before 10/14.

But of course you may have to postpone anyways because of your daughters' pending I-485's. I don't think that will be a problem although of course it will result in a short delay. But your daughters' I-485's will be approved and then you will be approved in due course.
 

sarwarmd

Registered Users (C)
CalGreenCard,
Thank you for your reply. I am not too much worried about my N-400 application. I just want my N-400 to be delayed. As you understand, I first need my daughters I-485 applications approval before my N-400 is approved. I am hoping that my wife will have her N-400 approved on 10-16-12. I am saying this based on the fact that DO-Baltimore does lots of on the same day Oath ceremonies. This way will also give window time for my kids I-485 applications.
If I have my interview for my N-400 after that, I will be more than happy.


Looking at the following website, trackitt.com:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

It looks like the gap between the receipt of the interview letter and the interview is never less than about 30 days. Since you are returning from India less than 30 days from today, it is highly unlikely that any further action will be needed from you before 10/14.

But of course you may have to postpone anyways because of your daughters' pending I-485's. I don't think that will be a problem although of course it will result in a short delay. But your daughters' I-485's will be approved and then you will be approved in due course.
 
Top