Traveling to India on Temp GC stamp

out-sider-US

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys;
I was wondering if any body has travelled to India on Temp GC ( stamp in passport) thru London (UK) recently. The trip is unavoidable so I am making sure that all bases are covered. Please let me know ,what all I should be worrying about.

Pl. share your valuable insight...Thanks
I have the following doc. with me.

1. Temp GC Stamped passport.
2. Transit Visa for UK
3. Photo copy of the approval notice ( My attorney never got the courtsey copy). ? Is the photocopy of approval notice enough ?
4. What else I need to carry ??? Thanks :confused:

I just came back from India (through Frankfurt) using temporary green card, I did not carry any documents like approval notice etc. It just worked fine like plastic card.

Just in the related matter .... if Transit Visa for UK is a new requirement?.. My father just came via London (w/o transit visa) ... As such we have no plans for his return journey. Advice if this is not OK.

redforgreen said:
Just in the related matter .... if Transit Visa for UK is a new requirement?.. My father just came via London (w/o transit visa) ... As such we have no plans for his return journey. Advice if this is not OK.
At the risk of hijacking the original thread .....

No - you don't need the UK Airside Transit visa if you have a valid US visa. Its only for those traveling with expired US visas ( on AP for example ).

Checkout http://www.britainusa.com/ for details