Traveling to Canada

shamshon

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for the RTD on match 13 and have not got it yet. I do have a green card thanks God 9 waited 10 years as many of you know). My question is: can i travel to canada without the RTD. i have to attend a conference soon. will they let me into Canada and will the people in the US border give me a hard time when i come back since i do not have a travel document

Originally posted by shamshon
I have applied for the RTD on match 13 and have not got it yet. I do have a green card thanks God 9 waited 10 years as many of you know). My question is: can i travel to canada without the RTD. i have to attend a conference soon. will they let me into Canada and will the people in the US border give me a hard time when i come back since i do not have a travel document

If you`re a GC holder you are not required to obtain a canadian visa.

They are not very particular when you are traveling by road but I guess by air you would need some kind of passport (RTD) to have a record of entry. I think there are not hard and fast rules, it would depend on immigration officer. (just my opinion)

All you need is the GC. But I would carry my license too to be safe.

Originally posted by shamshon

Re: Re: Traveling to Canada

Originally posted by canterbury2
All you need is the GC. But I would carry my license too to be safe.
Yes that is a good idea. Thanks and thanks to all who responded. I will actually drive.