Traveling to Canada on Advanced Parole

michaelfe

Registered Users (C)
I am about to travel to Canada. :)
The only document that shows my eligibility for admission to the US is my I-131 (I-485 pending :confused: , sept.03). Should I expect any unpleasant surprises when crossing US-Canada border or the Canucks are pretty familiar with this situation?
Please advise.

You need Canadian visa to enter canada with AP. If you are travelling by air, surrender old I-94 to air lines and while coming back US immigration will put a stamp on AP and you should fill new I-94. No problem at all. I don't know procedure if travelling by road.

visak said:
You need Canadian visa to enter canada with AP. If you are travelling by air, surrender old I-94 to air lines and while coming back US immigration will put a stamp on AP and you should fill new I-94. No problem at all. I don't know procedure if travelling by road.

What do you mean by Canadian visa? A simple stamp by the canadian immigration officer at the airport?

Thanks

You will need a visitor visa to enter Canada.
They will NOT take your old I-94 if it is still valid. Your AP will be fine to let you back in. They are absolutely aware of the AP papers. I just got back on AP from Canada. I had gone to get my H1B stamped but I had a valid AP so he looked at that and that was it. They do not take anything or keep anything. All you will need to enter Canada is a tourist/visitor visa.

I485sept03 said:
Do I need a visit visa when I get my GC?? Thanks in advance

With GC you do not need Visa to enter to Canada. With AP you need Visa to enter to canada. Coming back is no proplem with a valid AP...