Traveling outside US with naturalizaton certificate

CTCitizen2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

Need to get some guidance from you. Here's my situation. I have my interview on 5/8/06 at Hartford, CT. Hoping and praying that the oath ceremony will happen within a week or so. The reason is that i have to leave for my home country on 6/1 since i am gettign married on 6/10. Question to you is

Can i travel outside the US with the naturalization certificate?

Can i tell the immigration officer after my interview that i will be out of the country for the first 3 weeks of JUne so request for my oath ceremony to be scheduled before or after?

Thanks all in advance.
CTCitizen2006

Receiving your oath appointment within a week is great luck ... you will have no problem though when you ask not to be scheduled within your absence of the USA.

You could also check with your court where the oath ceremonies are usually held ... In my case I was able to call and talk to the person who is in charge of the ceremonies. The oath ceremony days for 2006 are also posted on the (our) courts website. Just by looking at these days you may learn alot about in what situation you might/will be.

Alex

There is no guarantee!

There is no such thing.

Lets assume you failed your interview? :eek:

Secondly you do not dictate when you should receive your oath - who gave you that notion :rolleyes:

Thirdly you may go into the name check abyss :D

MoeCurly,
Stop being mean and rude. CTCitizen2006 has a real issue and is looking for help. This is a forum where people help each other. Both JoeF and AlexanderG have tried to help as they always do. We do not need such trash from you. Stay away from this forum. You do not belong here.

Agree

I agree with packer_fan. This forum is to exchange info and be helpful to one another. Scaring people for no reason is not asked for.
I agree with the previous comments that, we have no control over when the oath ceremony is going to be. For example in Philadelphia there are only four dates in a year for the Oath and in Harrisburg, Pa it happens only twice ina a year. tha Naturalization Pronotary of the local Court can give you the dates of the naturalization court so that you can guess when you might be called for the oath. Hope this helps.

packer_fan said:
MoeCurly,
Stop being mean and rude. CTCitizen2006 has a real issue and is looking for help. This is a forum where people help each other. Both JoeF and AlexanderG have tried to help as they always do. We do not need such trash from you. Stay away from this forum. You do not belong here.

packer_fan, remember we lost a valuable member about a week ago or so (?) One way or another certain charaters grow back rather quickly after the appear to be weeded out. These sorts of post actually crave for attention ... and more often than one likes, one has to respond to them so that a welcome newcommer does not feel trampled on. There is no real cure .... a forum is just representation of what you'd find in any general crowd in public. And there is no need to preach to Curly here ... there is a pretty good chance he has heard this before.

Back to CTCitizen ... please, if you have any further question with regard to your ceremony/travel issue, don't hesitate to continue the thread.

Alex

Thank you

Thank you all for giving me this valuable information. I agree with the majoriity that this forum is to get valuable advice. I will keep you posted on what happens on my interview day.

Thanks everyone!
CTCitizen2006