traveling on AP and special registration @ JFK

mark99

Registered Users (C)
Hi any one recently traveled On AP through JFK please share your experience especially the procedure of registration.
Iam traveling in few days.

Thanks Much

I travelled through JFK using AP. There is a slightly different immigration procedure. When you land at JFK and go through the immigration line, there will be a guy asking whether you are a citizen/PR or a visa holder. You should tell them you have an AP. He will make you stand in a seperate line which is amongst the Green Card lines. When you go to the counter, the immigration officer will take your passport and AP, put it in an envelope and ask you to follow him into a seperate room. The AP processing is not done at the counters, so you need to go to that special room. There is nothing to be worried about, that is a normal procedure. You will be then asked to either wait outside the room or come and sit in the room, depending on how crowded the room is. There are a few counters in the room. You just wait there until your name is called. When called, you go up to the counter. The person at the counter will stamp your passport and thats it, you are on your way out.

The scene inside the room might look scary, but you don't need to be worried about it. Usually, they take people those people inside the room who dont have proper immigration documents. You'll see people being questioned inside the room. But it so happens that the AP processing is also done in the same room.

Thanks much for your detailed reply.if I may ask please let me know what is the procedure for departure on AP if you are a special registration case.
Thanks

>> please share your experience especially the procedure of registration.

I am not sure what you mean by "procedure of registration". In your earlier post too, you had asked about "special registration case". If you are referring to those countries whose citizens require special registration, then it may not apply to me.

Came to JFK on AP

mb12345 has described the process really well.
I just landed at JFK last week and stood in the visa line.
The officer there looked at the AP and asked what I did and the name of the company I worked for. After that he put the documents in a plastic envelope and walked us over to a secondary inspection room and we were asked to wait till the name was called out. It was taking the other people approx 15-20 minutes for their names to be called, but our names were not called even after an hour. Finally after 1.25 hrs someone announced our names and gave us the stamped AP, no questions asked.

I guess AP processing takes little more time than other cases. But the key thing is that it is very smooth and there is nothing to worry. Don't worry if others in secondary inspection room are served before you.

Hi guys
again thanks for taking your time and answering my question.I am from a country the residents of which needs to be regestered prior to departure and I was wondering if any one has done that at the time of departure at JFK.
Thanks