travel with previous H1 with company A and have Notice of approval with company B??

dkal

Registered Users (C)
Hi Every body,
I have my H1 B with company A valid till Oct 2003 stampes on my passport. I changes my job in mar\'01 and got my new Notice of Approval till Mar\'2004. Now if i and my familt in H4 travel to india then will i face any problem at port of entry while returning. What documents do i need to carry apart from the New Notice of Approval?
And any experience of anybody in similar situation ? Kindly Share
Thanks
dkal

Make sure you get I94 stamped with new company.

Have documentation from new company ready. It will be better you do the revalidation at St.louis after coming in. (you can tell that as the reason for not getting the stamp at your home country.)
But if you have time, do the revalidation at home country.

what documentation

Thanks jaxen but What documentation are u referring to. And how can i get the I94 stamped with my new company. What about the H4? Can they (my family) also give the same reason. I was planning to revalidate after coming from India and not in india as i may not get time.

Thanks for replying
dkal

Does H1B approval (I-797) becomes invalid on switching job?

Worked for Co. A on H1B.
Then switched to Company B for 6 months.
Later, joined back with Co A.

PL. note that the job description was similar all the three times.

However, when applied for visa stamping at a consulate in India, the officer described the H1B extension for Co. A as invalid (because of switching jobs) and therefore asked for a fresh I-797 petition.

Does anyone know under whihc law/act this can be done?

Secondly, can I apply again with a new 797 from a new employer?

Although the visa officer was wrong,

based on the discretionary powers they possess you cannot argue any more. If company A H1 is valid then company A should have paid you the salary for the time you were with company B. That is the INS arguement.
So it will be better if you do a new transfer, which you can do.