Travel with PP stamp.

fatpig

Registered Users (C)
I already got my PP stamped but the online information still says my case is pending.
Is it risky to travel with PP stamp? Do they check the online information when a PR enters the US with a PP stamp? What other documents do they check?
Thanks a lot.

Risk?No. Actually at the POE,there will be a great chance they will ask you for the secondary check. As my understanding, they will ask you to go to another room and have a short wait while they are looking into their online record (from USCIS)via your A# on the pp stamp.

fatpig said:
I already got my PP stamped but the online information still says my case is pending.
Is it risky to travel with PP stamp? Do they check the online information when a PR enters the US with a PP stamp? What other documents do they check?
Thanks a lot.

cc7211 said:
Risk?No. Actually at the POE,there will be a great chance they will ask you for the secondary check. As my understanding, they will ask you to go to another room and have a short wait while they are looking into their online record (from USCIS)via your A# on the pp stamp.
As I said before, the online information for my case still shows it's pending. Will this cause any problem?

What they can see is not your on-line information from the web, the record they will check is the "real" status of your case by looking into your A#.

I suggest you call your service center or have a visit to local office
and asking them your case status. If they cannot see your approval, POE has a great possibility cannot see it either.

fatpig said:
As I said before, the online information for my case still shows it's pending. Will this cause any problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
fatpig is PP stamped, it means service centers have that information.
They stamp PP only looking after their information realted to particular A#.

I remember some interview cases are different. In some cases I found on this board,after interview, the immigration officer approves their case and stamp teir passport but never change their online info. They never receive any approval letter either. That's why I think fatpig better be 100% sure that USCIS have adjusted his status already before he travel outside U.S.

Lakshya said:

cc7211 said:
I remember some interview cases are different. In some cases I found on this board,after interview, the immigration officer approves their case and stamp teir passport but never change their online info. They never receive any approval letter either. That's why I think fatpig better be 100% sure that USCIS have adjusted his status already before he travel outside U.S.
Just called the center.
The officer was very rude and didn't answer my question. :mad:

Lakshya said:
My approval notice was sent out by NSC and I went to the local office with the approval notice to get the stamp.
Before a PP could be stamped, does the officer have to check the A# is in approved state? Or they just do the stamping by looking at the approval notice?

In this case, you should be O.K if they stamp your pp already.

It's very unlikely they just stamp your passport without looking into their system.

my 2 cents :)

fatpig said:
My approval notice was sent out by NSC and I went to the local office with the approval notice to get the stamp.
Before a PP could be stamped, does the officer have to check the A# is in approved state? Or they just do the stamping by looking at the approval notice?

Travel with PP stamp

1. If you are traveling to any place via UK/France/Germany, you may need a transit visa, depending on your country of passport, until you get the actual card. Please check.
2. At US POE, please keep your I485 approval notice and show it to the USCBP officer, when asked.

Wish you good luck with your trip

Once i got my PP stamped. they took all my EAD's, AP's.. including Approval notice. I believe the PP stamping should be good when we travel out of the country..
Please advice guys!!!

Thanks!
Yeah, my approval notice has been taken when I had my PP stamped.
Planet3rd said:
1. If you are traveling to any place via UK/France/Germany, you may need a transit visa, depending on your country of passport, until you get the actual card. Please check.
2. At US POE, please keep your I485 approval notice and show it to the USCBP officer, when asked.

Wish you good luck with your trip

That's another weird thing ... When I have my pp stamped , the officer only copy my approval notice and return it to me. I even ask him "Don't you want my notice? :eek: " he said"No! Taht's your receipt" ..

Anyone can share more experience here ? Did they take your approval notice when you have ur pp stamped?

fatpig said:
Thanks!
Yeah, my approval notice has been taken when I had my PP stamped.

My Canada visit experience

Hi fatpig,

It might also depend on where you are going.

I drove to Canada a week after PP stamping. On my way back, they asked for my passport and nothing else. The guy at the "toll booth" type of structure just asked me several simple questions like " where do you live, etc." and let me thorough. I did not have to get out of the car at all ( before PP stamping, I had to go inside the immigration building and show all my documents, etc.)

Well, that is my experience driving back from Canada - it may be different if you are flying back from Asia.

The officer wrote sth on my original approval notice and stapled my I94 & photos on it, then gave a photocopy of it.
cc7211 said:
That's another weird thing ... When I have my pp stamped , the officer only copy my approval notice and return it to me. I even ask him "Don't you want my notice? :eek: " he said"No! Taht's your receipt" ..

Anyone can share more experience here ? Did they take your approval notice when you have ur pp stamped?

I am going to fly through Vancouver to my home country. I have a stamp on my passport only, waiting for the physical card to come. Do I need a Visa for transit in Canada? Anyone has any experience for that?

Talked to a officer and was assured that everything should be OK. He said we should never have any concern after stamped. :)

It went very well, even without the secondary inspection.
fatpig said:
Thanks a lot.

yyw said:
I am going to fly through Vancouver to my home country. I have a stamp on my passport only, waiting for the physical card to come. Do I need a Visa for transit in Canada? Anyone has any experience for that?

You dont need any Visa as stamping is good enough for Canada. They immigration officers know this well and will not even ask you any questions. I have gone to Canada atleast 4 times with just the stamping.