Travel with LPR AS 6

-DRAGON-01

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible a LPR AS 6 holder to travel back to home country?
I just found in HOMELAND SECURITY:

In addition, refugees and asylees granted LPR status must wait another 5 years to apply for
citizenship, and longer still to be naturalized, at which point they finally are eligible to obtain a
U.S. passport. So, in the best of circumstances, an asylee, even if able to become an LPR in
minimum time, is still required to use a refugee travel document for at least 6 1/2 to 7 years.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/index.jsp

From when do you think they start counting this period /6-7 years/
- From the time you applyied for the asylee or from the time you receive your LPR AS 6
Do you think after this 6-7 years you can travel with NP

Green Card in hand 09/19/06

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I just call Us Ciitzenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the anser is: you are PERMANENT RESIDENT "So all you need is the GC and NP to travel .

letzka said:
I just call Us Ciitzenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the anser is: you are PERMANENT RESIDENT "So all you need is the GC and NP to travel .

I did the same thing and had an infopass appointment and both told me I don't have any problem traveling to my COP after get the GC and using a valid NP.
Travelco

My Personal Thoughts !!!

Travelco said:
I did the same thing and had an infopass appointment and both told me I don't have any problem traveling to my COP after get the GC and using a valid NP.
Travelco

You know the problem with USCIS is one IO will tell you something & other one will be the complete opposite. So it's hard to get the real picture.
In this forum all we do is basically share our practical experiences. Now based on a same situation one could face no problem at the POE what so ever & who knows other's could describe a whole different story.
So in my opinion please do what you think legitimate & be honest & truthful.
Prepare yourself ready for any question possibly raised & you are fine.

I have been a member this wonderful forum since a year & have found different opinions regarding this issue" Going back to COP" after receiving GC. But we all need to understand every individual is different & everybody's situation is completely different from others therefore we just can't tell it's OK to visit COP nor we could suggest someone not to do so either.

If someone has some legitimate issues that they can explain ( If questioned during citizenship time or at any POE upon return) should not be scared at all.
Now if that COP visit is just a social visit than you are taking 50/50 chances. If facing a good IO both at citizenship interview or POE you are just fine but what if you aren't so lucky than you could easily be in trouble after all we people ( who received GC through asylum) still got to face USCIS one more time for our citizenship. So do what ever you want but please use your best judgement & you will be just fine.

By saying this what I mean is it really frustrates me seeing people ask questions like if it's safe to going back to COP after receiving GC through asylum. How could you reply that person? One could say go ahead no problem & others could say completely different based on their personal experiences. In any given immigration related matters we cannot come to a quick decesion but just share our experiences that's all.
Atique.

I totally agree with Atique. Its just hard to know what is right and wrong. Even USCIS is not on the record on this issue. I know that if its not in any law books or in any record, I rather not take a risk..

letzka said:
what will happen I'm married for 3 years for USC and hi is born USC

If you are married to a USC and you already have a green card you cannot apply for another green card if that is what you are trying to say. Even though your spouse is a USC and you travel back to COP, this may still raise suspicions since you are still technically an asylee since you have not obtained your USC.

atique rahman said:
You know the problem with USCIS is one IO will tell you something & other one will be the complete opposite. So it's hard to get the real picture.
In this forum all we do is basically share our practical experiences. Now based on a same situation one could face no problem at the POE what so ever & who knows other's could describe a whole different story.
So in my opinion please do what you think legitimate & be honest & truthful.
Prepare yourself ready for any question possibly raised & you are fine.

I have been a member this wonderful forum since a year & have found different opinions regarding this issue" Going back to COP" after receiving GC. But we all need to understand every individual is different & everybody's situation is completely different from others therefore we just can't tell it's OK to visit COP nor we could suggest someone not to do so either.

If someone has some legitimate issues that they can explain ( If questioned during citizenship time or at any POE upon return) should not be scared at all.
Now if that COP visit is just a social visit than you are taking 50/50 chances. If facing a good IO both at citizenship interview or POE you are just fine but what if you aren't so lucky than you could easily be in trouble after all we people ( who received GC through asylum) still got to face USCIS one more time for our citizenship. So do what ever you want but please use your best judgement & you will be just fine.

By saying this what I mean is it really frustrates me seeing people ask questions like if it's safe to going back to COP after receiving GC through asylum. How could you reply that person? One could say go ahead no problem & others could say completely different based on their personal experiences. In any given immigration related matters we cannot come to a quick decesion but just share our experiences that's all.
Atique.

Atique:

Totally agree! I am still looking for a person(s) though, former asylees, members of this forum*, that have experienced any of the following:
- loss of PR status because of CoP visit or NP renewal
- denial of Naturalization application because of CoP visit or NP renewal

*-not a scam artists but rather the ones that have been in this online community for some time, and hence, can be recognized.

Samir,

Most of the people on this board recently got their GC and it will be hard to find someone who went through the Citizenship process at this point. Maybe 3-4 years from now, we will see more Citizenship process questions and interview experiences. Until then, everything is just a guessing game.

And i agree with you, i have yet to find someone who got denied entry or revoked GC just because he/she went to COP. Whenever we hear a scary story here, there is a always more to the story then we ever find out.

help me to understand

first time visiting in this forum and found out all my questions are already had been asked and answered by the current users and I'm very happy about it. Only thing I need to understand clearly is the abbriviations that you all used... what do the COP and the NP stand for? Please help me to get everything clearly so I wouldn't be confused...
Thanks

today ,I ASKED ABOUT THAT issue my littigation immigrattion lawyer . he assured me againdo not visit country of persecution in any case. your greencard will be revoked . he advised me to use travel document instead of renewing of national passport.if your relatives are denied to get visa .you can invite them to different country .

they denied my sister for b2 visa . i will try f1 . if they will deny her this time i am going to write nice letter which will awaken consulars human feelings ....

read carefully this message:::

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not make a decision based on a verbal message from an immigration information officer who answers your phone call or sees you when you have an INFOPASS appointment. They are often ill informed.

I think it makes sense to have infopass appointment have the IO Write in memo format that it is ok to visit COP and renew NP.