Travel with I-551 Stamp

TTS

Registered Users (C)
I haven't received my plastic card yet and am planning on traveling with I-551 stamp. Has anyone done this recently? I would like to know the issues with airlines and at POE.

TTS said:
I haven't received my plastic card yet and am planning on traveling with I-551 stamp. Has anyone done this recently? I would like to know the issues with airlines and at POE.

========
Please check with your travel agent and Airlines. It depending on your nationality. But most of the Europen countries (notable exception KLM/Netherlands) are nowadays asking for transit visa, even with I-551 stamp for Indians. If you are traveling via London, you sure need to take a transit visa, otherwise the airline agent may not allow Indian passport holders to board the plane with I-551 stamp without transit visa.

There is no problem in entering back into the USA with I-551 stamp.
Hope this helps.

dahlia said:
At the POE, can we stand in Green card holders line with the stamping?

Definitely. Why not? You are a PR from the very day when your I-485 got approved.

Thats encouraging news. But did anybody try that? I was told by my friends that it depends on who you talk to. But I wish its true always.

Do I still need a Visa Stamp on my Passport?

My concern is whether I can travel with my Advance Parole Documents (Travel Docs) even if the Visa Stamp on my Passport has expired in Feb '05.
BackGround: My concurrent I140 got approved last month and the Visa Stamp on my passport expired in Feb '05.
I have a valid Advance Parole Doc till Feb '06, so can I travel to India and back yo the US even if the Visa Stamp on my passport has expired?

dahlia said:
But did anybody try that?

Well, the signs say "US citizens and parmanent residents". So it really does not matter whether you have "plastic green card" or not. There are many people in this forum "tried" that including me.

pandeyraj said:
My concern is whether I can travel with my Advance Parole Documents (Travel Docs) even if the Visa Stamp on my Passport has expired in Feb '05.
BackGround: My concurrent I140 got approved last month and the Visa Stamp on my passport expired in Feb '05.
I have a valid Advance Parole Doc till Feb '06, so can I travel to India and back yo the US even if the Visa Stamp on my passport has expired?

Yes, u can

pralay said:
Well, the signs say "US citizens and parmanent residents". So it really does not matter whether you have "plastic green card" or not. There are many people in this forum "tried" that including me.