Travel with AP

r2xhc

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to flight to Canada (Toronto) using my AP, my I-485(EB-2) has been pending 18 months already and still no luck, I use my EAD right now. I want to know what document I should bring with me besides passport and AP, do I need take EAD and I-485 receipt notice/I-140 approval notice with me? anything else?

what about I-94? Does still submit current I-94 when I leave and get new I-94 when I am back by using AP?

I am very appreciated if somebody could share his/her experience with me.

Thank you,

WAC-02-111-XXXXX

I am planning to flight to Canada (Toronto) using my AP, my I-485(EB-2) has been pending 18 months already and still no luck, I use my EAD right now. I want to know what document I should bring with me besides passport and AP, do I need take EAD and I-485 receipt notice/I-140 approval notice with me? anything else?

what about I-94? Does still submit current I-94 when I leave and get new I-94 when I am back by using AP?

I am very appreciated if somebody could share his/her experience with me.

Thank you,

Yes. Definitely take EAD because I had to show it when I came in a month ago. Also take paysub, business card and employment verification. It's better safe then sorry.
You never know what the officer will ask for at POE.

Thank you!

I am thinking about employment verification letter, I changed my employer after I485 filed 6 months. Would it cause trouble if officer ask for it since the employer changed, and I have to explain that I changed the employer 6 months later assuming the officer not quite familiar with portable GC application, it could happen, doesn't it? Any good suggestion to avoid it happen? what about fly to Bafulo, NY then drive to Toronto?

Please help, thanks.

WAC-02-111-XXXXX

Nobody can predict how the INS officer will proceed at POE but I seriously doubt that you will have any issues because of job change. I was laidoff after 180 days and had no problem at POE.
Have a great flight and keep all your papers with youself. Specially AP and EAD .
You are 100% legal in this country and you have a valid AP( unless you filed under 245i) to travel then they cannot deny admission.
Don't worry you will be fine.