Travel with AP

DKSearch

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone traveled out of the States with AP? I understand you have to bring your passport and AP (2 copies). Other than those, what should you bring? :confused: Are there any precautions you need to be aware of?

Thanks much

keep your 485 receipt notice, and EAD card ( if available ) and valid H1B ( if exists )...... better to keep your company offer letter too...

Mostly they check AP and might ask about your job and company name etc.

Has anyone traveled out of the States with AP? I understand you have to bring your passport and AP (2 copies). Other than those, what should you bring? :confused: Are there any precautions you need to be aware of?

Thanks much

FYI

if you are travelling first time in to USA using your AP, you need to go to Passport Control near baggage area to register your arrival.

secondary inspection is mandatory, where they confirm your pending 485 status, and stamp you passport. No FP or photos needed. Usually passport and orignal AP is sufficient but keep 485 copy as well.

FYI

if you are travelling first time in to USA using your AP, you need to go to Passport Control near baggage area to register your arrival.

Going Passport Control is for only first time traveler with AP?

Thanks much

take your AP (3 originals) and passport. That will work. Better to have 485 notices, EAD (if you have). seldom the officer asks questions unless they see something fishy. Otherwise you should be good to go.

Good luck

2 copies?

I thought it would be one copy for me to file away and one copy to take to the POE. Should I take both copies when I travel??

Carry both copies, hand over both copies to POE officer, he'll put parol stamp on one of them and give you back both.

I thought it would be one copy for me to file away and one copy to take to the POE. Should I take both copies when I travel??

Going Passport Control is for only first time traveler with AP?

Thanks much

I think so. Immigration officer asked me "are you coming in first time on AP?" i said yes and she sent me to passport control. Thats where i got my new i-94

if you choose the option of multiple entry for AP, you get 2 copies I believe. I entered US in MAy using AP, first there will be regular immigration line just like for everyone, once they enter your data they will send you to other line or waiting area where there stamp your AP and seal your PP/I-94. They didnt ask me any other docs. I didnt carry any docs with me.

What is Passport Control?

What is this information about Passport Control? Do all POEs have it?

I came in through San Francisco 2 times on AP in the last 2 yrs. Both times I was sent to SECONDARY INSPECTION where I handed my only 2 copies of AP (self-filed at TSC) + Passport to the officer
Officer signed, stamped and returned one AP and kept the other and attached a fresh I-94 with 1 yr. validity to the passport and sent me off.
did not ask whether it was first time on AP or any other questions and did not direct me to passport control.

-GCforTRAVEL

Last edited by a moderator: