Travel with AP via Zurich - Transit visa???

bahut_dukhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am travelling from Boston to Mumbai on Swiss Air using my Advanced Parole. I need to change planes (same airlines). Its only a 2 hour layover so I really don't need to get out of the airport. Do I still need transit visa?

I've been hearing cases which need UK visa for example. Also, the swiss consulate had no idea what an AP is and hence, said that yes, I need transit visa. Swiss Air would not comment - says talk to Swiss consulate.

Just curious if someone has personal experience to help out either way.

Thanks

I dont think you might need a transit visa.

UK had introduced something like that but i dont think you need a transit visa for UK for Indians now.

I am not sure about other nationals. Check with the swiss consular website.

Ak2003
--- If you are Indian citizen you need transit visa of UK if you don’t have valid H1b visa stamp in your passport. If you want to enter on AP you need UK transit Visa stamp.

bahut_dukhi
( ya Bahuuuut hi Sukhi Kudrat key banday)

You must check with Swiss consulate

We travelled via Zurich in March 2004 on AP from Boston.

We called the Swiss consulate and they told us we needed transit visa if H1 is expired. So we got the visa. No one explicitly checked it but it was on our passports

We had heard many horror stories of people who had trouble boarding the plane in India because they did not have transit visa. So we decided to get it & avoid issues