Travel with AP and H1B

ahha

Registered Users (C)
I have H1B stamp on my passport, which is good to 4/2002. However, it has no good entries left. I want to travel back to China with AP. Can anyone tell me whether it is safe to do so without EAD?

No Title

Definitely you can travel with your AP. Recently, I had gone to Europe on company business using my AP. The AP and EAD are 2 separate documents. When I got back here, they checked the AP document (I had also attached a copy of the I485 receipt notice behind it), and let me through without any hassle.

I do have the H1 document too, but have not got the visa stamped in my passport.

No Title

Sure you can use either documents to travel. However INS recommends you to keep work and travel authorization corresponding. If you use AP for traveling, it is better to use EAD for working or at least having an EAD. Otherwise there may be adversary effects on you I-485. Who knows?
http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/immigdaily/ins_news/2001,0516-H-1B.pdf
Clicking on the above link and go to page 6, foot note 41 to read the INS comment on this issue.

No Title

Two weekends back i travelled and used AP for myself and my family. No hassels, they kindly stamped my passport and AP documents and told me it is valid till the expiration on AP. And that was it! Till the expiration, I can travel multiple times on AP.

No Title

You can re-enter US using AP or your H1B visa...However if you use AP to re-enter US, I think your H1B visa will become invalid(not so sure about this). Then you might need EAD to work in US. Recently I traveled out of US(after I applied my 485). I have had AP & a valid H1B visa. I used my H1B visa to re-enter in US. Hope this helps you...