Travel with AP after AOS interview

Yauheniya

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to go back to my country to visit my family in a month or so....I just had AOS interview, FBI name check pending....So I have a few questions to those who travelled with AP.
Is it safe thing to do while FBI name check pending?
My passport shows my maiden name , but after I got merried I took my husbands last name (So AP shows my hisban'd name), so which name should I use when I buy tickets?
And considering different last names on my passport and on immigration papers what other documents should I take with me?
I really don't know if I should leave the country now or wait for GC, FBI name check might take long....I haven't seen my family for 5 years:(
Plz advise.

Yauheniya said:
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to go back to my country to visit my family in a month or so....I just had AOS interview, FBI name check pending....So I have a few questions to those who travelled with AP.
Is it safe thing to do while FBI name check pending?
I have the same question. Though I have traveled using AP before our interview when we were not aware that name is stuck in FBI. Anyone with esperience/info on this, please help.

Hi ,
I have same confusion.I had interview week ago and My Name check is pending, but officer approved my AP and said it will come in mail in 2weeks.So I assuming that we can travel with name check pending.Please suggest.Thank you

I just talked to the lawyer, he said it's ok to travel with AP while FBI name check is pending. He told me to check on the status of my case before I leave the country to make sure there's no complications...Then he told me to take AP, EAD, merriage license and valid passport with me.