Travel with Advance parole..visa expired.URGENT

gcard600

Registered Users (C)
I have sent my passport for H1 visa extension stamping and got refused ( under 221 g section ) due to some reason like at this time your application cannot be processed. It reached in time at St. louis office for stamping.

Now I have EAD and advance parole. I have new H1 B approval with me and no visa stamping in the passport.

Q: CAn I travel to india and come back without any problems?
AT port of entry, DO they check for visa IF I show advance parole. Please give me an advice..

Thanks
Gcard600.

No issues if you use AP. The only thing you have to consider is whether you prefer to move from H status to AOS status.

You are fine with AP

gcard600,

If you use your AP while coming in you will not have any problems. I just used my AP to come in. I had a similar situation. I have approved H1B extension but it is not stamped on my passport. And the visa on the passport is expired.

You have an option to go to American Consulate in india and get the visa stamped. Then you can use the Visa to come in. I think that is better option as you still have that to fall back on in case your AOS gets rejected. But that means you have to spend time and energy to go to the consulate. So give some thought to that.

Another very important thing..........since visa in your passport is expeired, many european countries (E.g. Germany) will require a Transit Visa. I was sent back from airport because I did not have valid visa in the passport and AP document is not accepted. But you can use AP document to get the transit visa.

good luck!

Transit Visa!!

My wife is travelling to India in Lufthansa thru Frankfurt, Germany. She has to change planes in Frankfurt.
She does not have a valid U.S visa on her passport (she has a valid AdvParole). Does she need a transit visa either for her onward journey or return journey?

RajaYogi said:
My wife is travelling to India in Lufthansa thru Frankfurt, Germany. She has to change planes in Frankfurt.
She does not have a valid U.S visa on her passport (she has a valid AdvParole). Does she need a transit visa either for her onward journey or return journey?

I believe SHE NEEDS A TRANSIT VISA.

~Mad

that is true...since visa in your passport is expeired, many european countries (E.g. Germany) will require a Transit Visa. AP document is not accepted outside US. But you can use AP document to get the transit visa.

knpguy2004 said:
gcard600,

If you use your AP while coming in you will not have any problems. I just used my AP to come in. I had a similar situation. I have approved H1B extension but it is not stamped on my passport. And the visa on the passport is expired.

You have an option to go to American Consulate in india and get the visa stamped. Then you can use the Visa to come in. I think that is better option as you still have that to fall back on in case your AOS gets rejected. But that means you have to spend time and energy to go to the consulate. So give some thought to that.

Another very important thing..........since visa in your passport is expeired, many european countries (E.g. Germany) will require a Transit Visa. I was sent back from airport because I did not have valid visa in the passport and AP document is not accepted. But you can use AP document to get the transit visa.

good luck!

Where were you send back from airport.
The reason I ask this is because im travelling on AP to india and was wondering whether I need transit visa ??

According to German consulate, If you are travelling via Germany and you do not have a valid H1 visa, then you need a transit visa. Even if you have a advance parole.

Anyway getting a transit visa is a fairly simple process.

RajaYogi said:
According to German consulate, If you are travelling via Germany and you do not have a valid H1 visa, then you need a transit visa. Even if you have a advance parole.

Anyway getting a transit visa is a fairly simple process.

Does the transit visa require a physical ticket or can i give the itenary.
Do we get the visa on the same day??
Nothing on their website says it is same day process or anything else.

I submitted the ticket receipt and itinerary(it was a e-ticket). Not sure if just the itinerary will do. Call the consulate.

You will get back your passport next day.

Also keep in mind that you have to give exact visa fee in cash (they won't give you change if you pay more ;) )

TensedAlways said:
Does the transit visa require a physical ticket or can i give the itenary.
Do we get the visa on the same day??
Nothing on their website says it is same day process or anything else.

My 2 cents ...
I went to india in Aug2004 with Expired H1 visa and AP . I did not take any transit visa.. I am not sure if they changed to rule after that...

allsucks said:
My 2 cents ...
I went to india in Aug2004 with Expired H1 visa and AP . I did not take any transit visa.. I am not sure if they changed to rule after that...

yeah...but via which country..??? Germany or France or any other ???

You need transit visa except for KLM

I went to India in Nov 2004 on AP. All the countries UK, France, Germany require transit visa if you do not have a valid and unexpired US visa. I went thru KLM as Netherlands don't require a transit visa.

German Consulate changed the rules in Oct 2004.

allsucks said:
My 2 cents ...

Transit Visa - I 551 Stamp in PP

All ,

My wife is planning to go to India via Frankfurt . She has a I-551 stamp in her passport . Does she need to take transit visa ?

My mother who will join my wife in her return journey on B1/B2 visitor visa - Does she need transit visa ?

Any help from your recent experience / your friends' experience is appreciated .

Thanks
Sunny

pv1976 said:
yeah...but via which country..??? Germany or France or any other ???

In past 4 months I have travelled through both France and Germany with AP and expired visa. Travelled through Germany just this last Monday. Hope that helps to many

I guess your mother needs a transit visa. Regd a visa for your wife, pls check with the consulate.

mysunny007 said:
All ,

My wife is planning to go to India via Frankfurt . She has a I-551 stamp in her passport . Does she need to take transit visa ?

My mother who will join my wife in her return journey on B1/B2 visitor visa - Does she need transit visa ?

Any help from your recent experience / your friends' experience is appreciated .

Thanks
Sunny

travel on AP

karns said:
In past 4 months I have travelled through both France and Germany with AP and expired visa. Travelled through Germany just this last Monday. Hope that helps to many

Which country's passport do you hold? May be this can also help clear more doubt?

Thanks