Travel Using AP without EAD

OCT2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi Netizens,

Please advice me whether I can travel using AP without EAD.

My case details are I filed my I-485 recently and got Advance Parole. Yet to get EAD. Visa on my passport was expired and I have a valid H1B(I-797) approval. My question is can I travel using AP and valid H1B approval notice? Is there any risk in travelling without EAD?

Also which I-94 card should I hand over to airline authorities upon leaving USA? Is it the original I-94 which was expired OR the one which comes with I-797(valid).

Your comments greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No Title

I have travelled about 3 times with my AP. There is no problem at all. WHen you are entering into US, at that time they will ask you to go to a room and inside there they will stamp on your AP and let you go.

Peace

No Title

Thanks Prabhakar and steve for your postings.

Anyone out there with the similar experince !!! Please post your detail. Thanks inadvance.

No Title

how do you handle with in case INS denied your I485 during your abroad? you will take your own risk to re-enter usa. has anyone heard if someone can not re-enter usa by holding AP? i have AP, but i have not used it yet because i can not erase my worring about above case. any input?

No Title

I traveled with AP and H1B. I don\'t think u have problem to enter usa. Once you entered, your H1B is still valid before the new rule
comes out, although they take your I-94(H1b) and give you a new one. If your GC be denied, you need reestablish your H1B (leave usa and using H1B visa back).

No Title

jasonZ, thank you for the information. but my case is a little complicated. i have H1b status, but i don\'t have H1b visa. i came to US by vistor visa. if my GC be denied when i re-enter US, how can i do? please give me another advise. thanks again!

No Title

Why do you think I-485 will be denied if you travel using AP as long as you maintain good status in USA and if you are not Illegal Aliean.
I do not have any of those such problems. My only doubt is Can we use the combination of AP+H1B1 instead of AP+EAD to renter?

JasonZ, posted that he had used AP+H1B1, I guess I may not have any problems while return.

No Title

JasonZ, Thank you very much for your postings.
Now I releived a lot. Now I will happily go on vacation.

WISH YOU A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFULL NEW YEAR.

No Title

When I traveled, I even didn\'t think about the EAD and no one (from INS) even mentioned about it as I still hadn\'t received it then. I don\'t think you will have any problems. However, since you are concerned about it, just take the Reciept Notice for EAD with you.

No Title

Thanks Nandit. I requested my company to send me EAD receipt notice for that matter even they haven\'t given me original I-485 receipt notice. They just sent me copy of I-485 receipt notice. I don\'t understand companies philasophies not to give us at least original receipt notices for genuine reasons. What can we do with these receipt notices? Does they think that can we runoff with the notices?

Anyway thanks you very much for your help.

WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR.