Travel to US

BrendaJoe

I am at NVC stage with my IR-130. Canadian married to USC. Can I travel to US to visit family while awaiting my US Embassy interview in my home country? I hope to travel to the US and once I receive interview date, to return to my country to attend medical/interview. I understand a Canadian can visit the US for up to 180 days. The time limit would definately fall into this time period. I would NOT overstay. Does anybody have any advise or experience doing this? TY

I am at NVC stage with my IR-130. Canadian married to USC. Can I travel to US to visit family while awaiting my US Embassy interview in my home country? I hope to travel to the US and once I receive interview date, to return to my country to attend medical/interview. I understand a Canadian can visit the US for up to 180 days. The time limit would definately fall into this time period. I would NOT overstay. Does anybody have any advise or experience doing this? TY
So basically you plan on moving Permanently .
Then just return to canada for your interview?.

Is that correct?

No, just planning on a visit but if I get my interview date while travelling, just wondering if it’s okay to go, then come back after visa granted. I won’t go if it’s not advisable.. I would have to return and pack up my house etc, no NOT moving permanently...

No, just planning on a visit but if I get my interview date while travelling, just wondering if it’s okay to go, then come back after visa granted. I won’t go if it’s not advisable.. I would have to return and pack up my house etc, no NOT moving permanently...

If you want to visit you’ll need to convince the CBP person at entry that you’re only visiting given your situation. Make sure it’s a defined short term and take plenty of evidence of why you need to go back to Canada in the interim (job, rental agreement etc) before your visa interview.

I'm sure this happens more than we think.
The pending CR/IR petition may come up at the border crossing. You may be asked to provide evidence of your ties to home and plans re returning back to Canada.

What part of Canada do you live in?

Thank you for your most unhelpful reply Anita and JBuff. As I mentioned earlier, it would be a visit. I have a household and pets I would never abandon. There are other more helpful sites than this one. I’m done with this one....
All I was asking was ADVICE, not plans to move permanently somewhere. Susie was helpful, the rest of you not. Why would I jeopardize everything having gotten this far in the process, smh

Thank you for your most unhelpful reply Anita and JBuff. As I mentioned earlier, it would be a visit. I have a household and pets I would never abandon. There are other more helpful sites than this one. I’m done with this one....
All I was asking was ADVICE, not plans to move permanently somewhere. Susie was helpful, the rest of you not. Why would I jeopardize everything having gotten this far in the process, smh
Umm, what part of my post "The pending CR/IR petition may come up at the border crossing. You may be asked to provide evidence of your ties to home and plans re returning back to Canada." was unhelpful?

Umm, what part of my post "The pending CR/IR petition may come up at the border crossing. You may be asked to provide evidence of your ties to home and plans re returning back to Canada." was unhelpful?
I’m sorry, your comment was helpful. It’s just the two others. Sorry again and thank you

I asked a question! You then clarified!! Then @SusieQQQ @1AurCitizen pretty much Gave you all th info you will need.

I didnt see the point of repeating the same thing other members already told you!!!!