travel to US Virgin Islands without AP

GCdreamin

Registered Users (C)
I have a question... can one travel to US Virgin Islands without an Advanced Parole visa. Anyone done this or know about whether its OK to travel to this US territory without a re-entry visa. Will the EAD card and PP suffice as evidence of US residence.
Appreciate any input. Thanks.

i bleive when you are ready to leave teh us virgin islands, you have to prove your legal status to go back to mainland, so may be you do require, any would like to know what does you lawyer say about, please do post the reply

contradicting information

Apparently, travel doc. requirements for US Virgin Islands is more stringent than Puerto Rico. So valid visa (H-1 or AP) while on AOS application may be necessary.

My lawyer said there's nothing in the regulations that specifically says folks travelling from mainland US would need to go through immigration clearance and show valid visas for re-entry. But the offical USVI tourism office website says the contrary -- we need it.

All in all, not worth the risk for vacation travel.

Re: contradicting information

try jamaica. Indian citizen doesn't need visa to go to Jamaica. But I guess you would need AP to get back to mainland.

We were asked to show our US visas while entering puerto rico from St.Marteen, whcih is owned by France.
The immigration was on the ship..

Our trip included US virgin islands and also St.Marteen.

Hi, I went to St Thomas 2002 Fall and while returning I had a valid H1-B visa while my wife was on H4 (we were on EAD, but never bothered telling the folks...why complicate things) and that was enough to satisy the immigration folks there and it was a cakewalk..........DO load up on liquor buddy, its goddamn cheap:))