Travel To Origin Country

alis

Registered Users (C)
I Got My Pr Card Last Month Based On Asylee Status And Right Now I Heard A Lot Of Rumor That Pr Based On Asylee Status Cannot Travel To Origin Country ?
Please Give Me The Answer.
Thank You!

alis said:
I Got My Pr Card Last Month Based On Asylee Status And Right Now I Heard A Lot Of Rumor That Pr Based On Asylee Status Cannot Travel To Origin Country ?
Thank You!

It depends on the type of asylum. For political asylum cases, it's obvious that if someone visits origin country and moves freely in that country that can cast doubt about the very autheticity/truthfulness of the political asylum claim.

alis said:
Thank You!

My category appear on my PR card is AS7
Is it going to make some problem on Immigration airport if I enter US from my origin Country (even I just go for 1 month).
If there is anybody has a same case with me, please share it with me.
Thank You.

re-entry

as pralay pointed it out this will put in doubt the whole truthfulness of your asylum. i know of a couple who is under fire since they had entered their home country while on asylum based GC. they were allowed back in the country but later the husband recieved a Notice of Intent to Rescind and so far nothing good is happening.

mitroloz03 said:
as pralay pointed it out this will put in doubt the whole truthfulness of your asylum. i know of a couple who is under fire since they had entered their home country while on asylum based GC. they were allowed back in the country but later the husband recieved a Notice of Intent to Rescind and so far nothing good is happening.

Could you explain it to me what the notice of intent to rescind is all about?
and What is happening with that couple now?
thank's

A notice to rescind is a notice usually given to individuals who have obtained their GC through a fraudulent application. This notice aims to cancel the GC unless you can once again prove that your application was not fraudulent. I am not sure on the details but this notice was sent to the couple I mentioned above for the very reason of visiting the home country "they were afraid to live in". They engaged a lawyer now and to the best of my knowledge they have to go in court. That is all I know. I posted that message since I was aware of this.

To my opinion it is a wise choice to spend $100 and consult a good laywer prior to making any plans.

mitroloz03 said:
To my opinion it is a wise choice to spend $100 and consult a good laywer prior to making any plans.

I agree. Most of the forum-members got their GC through employment, which is fairly straightforward. Asylum cases are complex and educated opinion can be different in each case from other asylum cases, based on the details. It's better to talk to a good attorney who has past experience of dealing with asylum cases.