Travel to India While OCI Pending

How long did it take you to collect the OCI documents for your son. I assume you resent it after you withdrew the passport?. I had to withdraw my son's passport too while the OCI was pending. It is approved now and I have resent it for stamping the U visa and for getting the OCI card.

Your response will be appreciated.

Vivek

Perhaps you have already received yours too. I sent the passport, a printout of the MHA OCI enquiry page and a Fedex return envelope on Aug 2. They received it on Aug 3. It sat in this status 'Additional documents have been received. It may take several days before further action is displayed.' for several days. On Aug 11, I got an email from Travisa saying they shipped the passport and OCI. However, Fedex actually picked it up on Aug 12 and I received it on Aug 13 (people have complained earlier that Travisa are slow to dispatch the documents - there is usually a 1-2 days delay).

I am glad I am done with this whole process. I wish all the others good luck too.

I think the new process of sending the passport later (after OCI is printed and received in Consulate) is a much better process. I can't understand why they did not follow this system to start with (Consulate was following this same 'approve first, send passport later' process earlier).

Signing off for now.

Perhaps you have already received yours too. I sent the passport, a printout of the MHA OCI enquiry page and a Fedex return envelope on Aug 2. They received it on Aug 3. It sat in this status 'Additional documents have been received. It may take several days before further action is displayed.' for several days. On Aug 11, I got an email from Travisa saying they shipped the passport and OCI. However, Fedex actually picked it up on Aug 12 and I received it on Aug 13 (people have complained earlier that Travisa are slow to dispatch the documents - there is usually a 1-2 days delay).

I am glad I am done with this whole process. I wish all the others good luck too.

I think the new process of sending the passport later (after OCI is printed and received in Consulate) is a much better process. I can't understand why they did not follow this system to start with (Consulate was following this same 'approve first, send passport later' process earlier).

Signing off for now.

I am still showing the same message "Additional documents have been received. It may take several days before further action is displayed. I have not recieved any emails so far from Travisa NewYork saying that they have mailed the passport. The status is the same since August 8th. I guess I will just wait for a few more days before I contact them.
Thanks
Vivek

Signing off for now.

Did you send your sons passport after you saw an update on the Travisa tracking that the OCI is ready and the passport needs to be sent for collection?