Travel to India while 485 pending

sree2005

Registered Users (C)
I am going to India on Feb 22. My current status is 485 pending, with approved 2nd EAD, 2nd Adavanced Parole. current EAD and Advanced Paroles were approved when I was with old employer. I changed my employer (who originally filed 485 for me) recently.

I don't have valid US visa. My flight goes via Frankfurt, Germany.

Questions are:
1. do I need a transit visa if go via Frankfurt, Germany since I don't have valid US visa?
2. is Advanced Parol enough to exempt transit visa?
3. My 2nd AP approved when I was with first employer. Is this AP still valid after changing to new employer? If yes, do I need any employment letter and/or pay stubs from new employer to come back to US?

Please list out all docs needed for proper come back to US.

sree2005 said:
I am going to India on Feb 22. My current status is 485 pending, with approved 2nd EAD, 2nd Adavanced Parole. current EAD and Advanced Paroles were approved when I was with old employer. I changed my employer (who originally filed 485 for me) recently.

I don't have valid US visa. My flight goes via Frankfurt, Germany.

Questions are:
1. do I need a transit visa if go via Frankfurt, Germany since I don't have valid US visa? - No (Visa is waived in Germany about a year ago)
2. is Advanced Parol enough to exempt transit visa? - No
3. My 2nd AP approved when I was with first employer. Is this AP still valid after changing to new employer? - It doesnt mean if you got it through your first employer or second employer. It should be valid at the time you are entering US and should have got approved before you left US.

If yes, do I need any employment letter and/or pay stubs from new employer to come back to US? - Not needed

Please list out all docs needed for proper come back to US.

sree2005: If u got a second AP, this may be ur second trip overseas. Any problems on the first one? B4 travel, have u stayed more than 180 days illegal in USA?

Last edited by a moderator: