Travel to India using Advanced Parole

greencard2

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

My I-485 has been approved, but my wife's I-485 has been transferred to Dallas Local Office on Oct 14th 2004. It is still pending and she gave her third time finger prints on March 07, 2005. We would like to go to India in a couple of weeks using her advanced parole. Is it OK going to India while the I-485 application is pending with the local office. If we receive the interview letter whilw we are in India, can we request for re-scheduling the interview. Did anyone requested for reschedule, and how long it takes to conduct for the interview again. Also please let me know if there is any risk involved going to India with advanced parole, while the case is pending with the Dallas Local Office. The AP is expiring on Sept 07, 2005 and wants to come back on Aug 24th. Any input is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

advice for AP travel

1. dont give them the original when you reenter. give them the copy and tell them they dont need the original. give the i-94 for sure after makign a copy prior to leaving the USA. keep all tickets as evidence that you left

2. you will get secondary insepction for sure.

3. be preparred to explain to the dumb agents in the transit aitrports what an ap is. they dont ahve a clue. uscis/ins/bcis etc changes their documents and does not inform anyone else. my experience was the securtiy agent was skeptical when she saw the piece of paper and then took it to her superior who sniffed it like a dawg as if it was a fake :mad:

4. if you get an interview, I WOULD FLY BACK IN TIME FOR IT. not delay it again. THAT IS EXTREMELY FOOLISH unless the circumstances are VERY SERIOUS AND YOU HAVE to delay.THEY MAY DELAY YOU ONE MORE YEAR or even most likely lose your file.DONT CONFUSE THE USCIS further.nothing is more important than the interview

5. Take the extra ap incase you lose one. i think each person needs one ap i am not sure if you get a joint ap :mad:

6. the agent at the entry also in port has never seen an ap before so she sends you to a secondary back room where they verify in some other computers and then stamp resume application of 485 or soemthing like that after staring at yopu like you are an ilelgal ALSO REMEMEBR
that the officers barely understand the laws or even the entry documents and their IQ is not as high as yours and in most cases they assume that you are a criminal. their culture is one of automatic denial so be prepared to carry all your documetns as a safety net. in my case they only asked for AP.
and when i showed her original 485 receipt she asked me why i never got a GC yet and i explained that the uSCIS policy is to delay for atleast 5 years,.she then showed sympathy :) and then said she needs to do secondary. in the back room an indian guy looked at me checked passport asked me how long i was away (i think 6 mo is max,check with lawyer or other expert) and stamped ap and let me in

Last edited by a moderator:
Ac21,
Thank you very much for all the detailed information. We will try not to miss the interview date. Thanks again for all your time.