Travel to India on US or indian passport

karsh

Registered Users (C)
Once getting a US citizenship, what is advisable to travel to india on? I am not sure if indian embassy will give me a visa to go back or i have to use US passport?
I intend to stay there for a extended period of time. also is there anything i need to be aware of if i am out of US for a long time as a US citizen? Any rules ?
please advise.
THanks in advance.

karsh said:
Once getting a US citizenship, what is advisable to travel to india on? I am not sure if indian embassy will give me a visa to go back or i have to use US passport?
I intend to stay there for a extended period of time. also is there anything i need to be aware of if i am out of US for a long time as a US citizen? Any rules ?
please advise.
THanks in advance.

After acquiring the another country’s citizenship you suppose to give back your Indian passport to them, or get invalidated (which I did). You can get visa or PIO card on which you can travel to India. if you are in urgent(emergency) you pay $90 to get these in days. If you intend to stay longer you have register with services or some thing, you can find on Indian consulate site, It is a token of advice to inform the American embassy where you are living. I hope it will help.
:) -JB

Last edited by a moderator: