Travel to India for Stamping by Lufthansa

sendhil

Registered Users (C)
Has any one travelled to India for Stamping recently by Lufthansa with an expired visa on passport and with valid H1 B approval notice?

Did you take the German Airport tranist visa?

Please let me know as I am travelling to chennai on Feb 8th.

Thank you,
Sendhil

Sendhil,
I traveled with expired visa to India last October, you should not be needing any german visa for transit.

You dont need an Airport transit visa in Germany if you are travelling to your home country or have a valid US visa in your passport.

You can transit thru Germany to India on an expired Visa or AP

Has any one travelled to India for Stamping recently by Lufthansa with an expired visa on passport and with valid H1 B approval notice?

Did you take the German Airport tranist visa?

Please let me know as I am travelling to chennai on Feb 8th.

Thank you,
Sendhil

If you have less then 4 hours of transit then you don't need transit VISA on any airport.

-GCCOvet

I am in the same situation..but a little worst. Actually my I94 is expired as well, but have filed for my extension and have received the receipt notice from USCIS. I have to travel in April mid but don't think will be getting the extension by then..will it be a problem travelling via Germany.

It's better to get the approval notice before you travel.

No one in germany asked for the transit visa or the H1 B approval notice. hey don't even look at the passport. All they need is the boarding card.

When I went last month, I had an expired visa on my passport, but I did not take transit visa as ther german consulate confirmed that I do not need one as I am going to india for my stamping.