Travel to India after passport stamping

PSG2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Is it safe to travel to India after getting the passport stamped after GC approval? Or is it advisable to wait for the receipt of the actual GC? Anybody who has travelled internationally after passport stamping but before the actual receipt of the GC, please post your experience.

Thanks in advance.

PSG2004 said:
Hi,

Is it safe to travel to India after getting the passport stamped after GC approval? Or is it advisable to wait for the receipt of the actual GC? Anybody who has travelled internationally after passport stamping but before the actual receipt of the GC, please post your experience.

Thanks in advance.

I travelled with passport stamp with out any problem. But make sure if your transit country needs a transit visa.

PSG2004 said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Yeah we went to India on ADIT stamp last month. There were no issues going back to India.

While coming to US the guy on the counter at Delhi airport who gave me boarding passes asked for my US Driver's License. I showed him mine. He did not asked the same from my wife. Also the Immigration and Customs officer that I met was new . Never saw the stamp before. He had to enquire from one of his superiors.

Once we landed here, we went to the Customs and Immigartion officer. Showed him the stamp. he enquired about physical GC. Told him that we did not recieve it so far . He sent us for a secondary inspection in another room. They checked the details in their DB. Asked me usual questions like when did you file I-485, what countries visited during trip, reason for the trip etc . Then he gave back our PP. The whole ordeal was over and we were out of the airport in less than 30 minutes.

after approval you are free to travel w/ proof

After stamp in your passport you can travel freely.. you can even travel on an interim green card, whcih is rare but they issued me one becuase they did not want to stamp my passport for some stupid reason. Also you dont need any
transit visa shit when travelling to India.

Enjoy!

vsc_babu said:
After stamp in your passport you can travel freely.. you can even travel on an interim green card, whcih is rare but they issued me one becuase they did not want to stamp my passport for some stupid reason. Also you dont need any
transit visa shit when travelling to India.

Enjoy!
dude you are wrong abt Transit VISA stuff, if you have passport stamping you need Transit Visa, this is true for germany atleast

Last edited by a moderator:
zipper u r right about Germany.

In January 2005 we took the trip through Amsterdam(KLM-North West). They do not demand transit visa. I have heard that if you transit through France(Paris) or Austria(Vienna) then too you may not need transit visa.

no transit shit through france.. what if u travel without transit visa, who in the world is going to stop you? its a money trap for visa holders.

zipper said:
dude you are wrong abt Transit VISA stuff, if you have passport stamping you need Transit Visa, this is true for germany atleast

vsc_babu said:
no transit shit through france.. what if u travel without transit visa, who in the world is going to stop you? its a money trap for visa holders.
I am not sure about France but there are some European countries required transit visa to protect their immigration system. For eg. in UK once you land on their land, technically it is possible to apply for refugee status. There was a scam that went on for a long time.
To avoid these kind of scenarios especially after 911 they are implenting transit visa strictly.

Do you think they depend on Developing/3rd world country travellers to pay salaries of immigration employees?

Thanks everyone. So it makes sense to book India tickets after the passport stamping appointment, just in case they decide not to.

Help with transit visas

Does Kuwait require a transit visa if the passport has been stamped for I-551 but physical card has not been received? Thanks. :confused: