travel to Europe

cchong

Registered Users (C)
If I travel to Germany with my Refugee Travel Document without a Visa, can I still make a side trip to other European countries (for example to France or Netherlands)?

Do I have to show my Refugee Travel Document to the officer in Netherlands when I travel there?

My main destination would be in Netherlands, do I actually need to get a Visa from the Consulate of Netherlands even if my first stop is Germany?

The Consulate of Netherlands required Visa applicant to show his/her fright reservation, is that mean I have to buy the fright ticket without actually knowing if I would be granted my Visa? As far as I know, I can only hold my fright ticket for ONLY a day. Does anybody know any agencies in New York City that allow me to hold my fright ticket until I receive my Visa approval?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i went to Sweden in 1999 i used a refugee travel document.Because of the country i come from, i was required to have a visa to go to Sweden,but i was able to go to Copenhagen in Denmark and Oslo in Norway without acquiring a visa.It might be because of the geographical aspect of those countries or because they are under the European community.

Originally posted by cchong
If I travel to Germany with my Refugee Travel Document without a Visa, can I still make a side trip to other European countries (for example to France or Netherlands)?

Do I have to show my Refugee Travel Document to the officer in Netherlands when I travel there?

My main destination would be in Netherlands, do I actually need to get a Visa from the Consulate of Netherlands even if my first stop is Germany?

The Consulate of Netherlands required Visa applicant to show his/her fright reservation, is that mean I have to buy the fright ticket without actually knowing if I would be granted my Visa? As far as I know, I can only hold my fright ticket for ONLY a day. Does anybody know any agencies in New York City that allow me to hold my fright ticket until I receive my Visa approval?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please read old threads "Vacation to Europe" and "Vacation to Europe (II)" that I brought back for you.

I bought non-refundable tickets before applying for a visa. If I had not granted the visa I'd have lost money on the tickets.

You can book full price tickets with a long return period to get your visa, then cancel the tickets after you get your visa to avoid possible loss of money if you're concerned about it.