Travel to Canada with Advance Parole

mash91

Registered Users (C)
I recently returned from Toronto to Chicago. I had my advance parole and other documents ready but was not asked to furnish any of those things. Strange still, they didn\'t even ask me to fill a new I-94. I just walked out as if it was some domestic US flight !

I am wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience.

No Title

Don\'t worry.

It happens every time I come back.

I think they trust Canada does a good job in handing out visa and you are not a serious risk if you are coming in through Canada

Hope that helps.

No Title

you guys are silly. For flights between US and Canada, all US customs are located in Canada airports, so you have been inspected by US officers while walking through inspection facilities in Canada airports. Watch closer next time.

Good luck

No Title

linda is right, I have been in canada and I have been inspected in the canadian airport(not in us), but the good news it is 10 seconds inspection, just pass my visa over a verification machine and alta vista baby.

No Title

I probably sounded silly when posted the query. But trust me I have been conditioned over the years to take this visa thing a little too seriously !

I do realize the customs check was done at Canada but I couldn\'t quite figure out

1. Why I was not asked to fill out a new I-94 and,
2. Why they didn\'t ask for my advance parole.

Well, I am happy I am back.

Mash91

No Title

mash91,
if you left to canada for a period less than 30 days, you will not be asked to give your i94 before leaving, and when you return back, the US officer in the canadian airport will not ask about it, he will check the validity of your visa only.
this is my own experince !
good luck

No Title

Hi, could someone answer my question please?
As I know, green card holder doesn\'t need Canadian visa to visit Canada.
 However, do i need Canadian visa to visit Canada while holding advanced parole?
Thanks
Linda

No Title

i think u still need a visa cause you are still NOT OFFICIALLY a permanent resident. at the canadian border they might at times check your passport and ask you to furnish your documents and visa stamp or greencard. and if you don\'t have the visa or the greencard then its upto to canadian immigration to do what they want. i am not a lawyer neither trying to be one but was sharing my experience of driving into canada 6 times this year.

No Title

Yes, you DO need a canadian visa with AP, unless you\'re from one of those countries that don\'t need it (like Japan, Korea for example). Trust me, I\'ve done it before.