Travel to Canada on AP

shatan

Registered Users (C)
Travel to Canada on AP My parents are here in USA on a Visitor's visa. I have applied for my I-485/EAD/AP about 5 months ago and my H1B is expired. My EAD and AP are approved and my wife's EAD has an RFE and AP is approved. My parents want to visit Canada along with us. So we are planning to go to Canadian Consulate sometime this week. I have the following questions:

1) Is it advisable for me and my wife to travel on AP? My wife's EAD has a RFE, but she has interim EAD.

2) Is it ok for my parents to travel on a visitor's visa?

3) Do I have to surrender my expired I-94 and if so where, while coming back to US or at POE in Canada.

4)Do my parents have to surrender their expired I-94 and if so where, while coming back to US or at POE in Canada.

5) Do me, wife or my parents have to fill in a new I-94.

Anyone please respond ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shatan,
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to travel on your AP. I don't think it should be a problem there.
Now, for your parents travelling on a visitor's visa, they would have to look at the conditions of the visa, for instance, does it allow multiple entry. Also, if you need a visa to visit Canada, don't forget that your parents will need one also.
I am a Canadian citizen so the I-94 question don't always apply to Canadian. From my experience, everytime I went home, I never had to give them my I-94 except when I moved back to Canada for 10 months in 2000.
This is not a lot but I hope this can help.

shatan,
Can you pl share your experience if you completed your visit to Canada on AP. I am also in the same situation and want to visit with my mom who is here on a tourist visa. Did they take the Advance Parole documents from you at the port of entry while coming back to US?
I also intend to goto India on AP later this year. Will I still be able to use the same Parole document or have to apply for another?
Thanks.