Travel to Canada from USA

jify30

Registered Users (C)
Me and my family are planning to attend a marriage in Canda in the first week of July. Currently, I'm on H1 visa but it's not stamped on the passport. My I-485 is pending (I-140 already approved) and I have the Travel Documents. Now my questions are:

1. What are the things I need to travel to Canada and come back to USA?

2. Do I need a Visa to enter Canada?

3. I have a 1+ year old daughter (US citizen) but she doesn't have passport. She has a birth certificate. Can she travel on her birth certificate? We are driving to Canada.

Thanks for your help.

Me and my family are planning to attend a marriage in Canda in the first week of July. Currently, I'm on H1 visa but it's not stamped on the passport. My I-485 is pending (I-140 already approved) and I have the Travel Documents. Now my questions are:

-- Cdn visitor visa to enter Canada and Advance Parole or H1B visa stamp in your passport to return to the USA

2. Do I need a Visa to enter Canada?

-- Yes

3. I have a 1+ year old daughter (US citizen) but she doesn't have passport. She has a birth certificate. Can she travel on her birth certificate? We are driving to Canada.

-- If you are driving, then her birth certificate is fine (with her parents name on it). Having Passport will be the best to avoid the possible delays/hassles at the border.

Note: I am not a lawyer, so act accordingly

You can use AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) to come back to US. You just need to carry papers showing your continuous legal presence (I-94) and valid I-94 with I-797 to come back. In case you fall under special registration, you need to report at exit and entry to USA.
Carry AP document as a backup. AVR is valid for Canada or Mexico if you have a valid status in US and expired visa (even in a different category), and your stay in canada is less than 30 days, and you don't go anywhere else from canada.

Travel to Canada

Guys,
Here is my situation, I am planning to take a cruise from Seattle to Alaska, but it stop at Victoria BC or Vancouver or some place in Canada. I have an approved H1-B, but I do not have H1-B visa stamped on my passport. Can I still travel?

Thanks

Rishi