Travel To Canada For Pr - Visa Expired

qfgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Experts,

I read conflicting information on the board and wanted to clarify a few things regarding my travel to Canada for PR landing.

I am an Indian citizen on H1 in USA with an expired H1-VISA (expired in Oct 02). I have H1 extention approval notice I-797 with new attached I-94. The H1 is extended through April 04. My wife is on H4 and she has an H4 extention valid through April 04.

My Canadian GC is approved with a landing deadline of May 30, 03. I am planning to land in Canada before the MARCH 17 deadline, for new border visa policy, takes effect. I have the fllowing questions:

1. I read that a lot of people travel by Car from Detroit to Canada for landing purposes. I plan to fly to Toronto from Dallas. Is there any problem with flying to canada for landing purposes?

2. Will I have a problem coming back to US before March 17 on an expired H1-VISA but with valid I-797 and I-94?

3. Will my new Candaian PR status be a cause for concern while flying back to US from Canada?

3. What are the things that I have to do while in Canada? Apply for PR and SIN and what else?

I will be extremely greatful for your response.

Thank You.

Regards,
Mahesh.

Question

Hi Mahesh,

I would like to know the details of your application:
when did you appy? file number? AOR? Medical? Passport Stamping?

thanks,
annies :)

Hi Vjy,

The new law will come into affect beginning March 17th and will
prevent Canadian PRs from certain countries to enter USA without a VALID VISA in their passport.

The automatic VISA revalidation will not be in affect after MARCH 17.

Thanks

Mahesh

Originally posted by qfgc
Hi Experts,

I read conflicting information on the board and wanted to clarify a few things regarding my travel to Canada for PR landing.

I am an Indian citizen on H1 in USA with an expired H1-VISA (expired in Oct 02). I have H1 extention approval notice I-797 with new attached I-94. The H1 is extended through April 04. My wife is on H4 and she has an H4 extention valid through April 04.

My Canadian GC is approved with a landing deadline of May 30, 03. I am planning to land in Canada before the MARCH 17 deadline, for new border visa policy, takes effect. I have the fllowing questions:

1. I read that a lot of people travel by Car from Detroit to Canada for landing purposes. I plan to fly to Toronto from Dallas. Is there any problem with flying to canada for landing purposes?

Ans: Its just a matter of convenience, should not be a problem.

2. Will I have a problem coming back to US before March 17 on an expired H1-VISA but with valid I-797 and I-94?

3. Will my new Candaian PR status be a cause for concern while flying back to US from Canada?

3. What are the things that I have to do while in Canada? Apply for PR and SIN and what else?

I will be extremely greatful for your response.

Thank You.

Regards,
Mahesh.

Ans: I have read news and articles how some people are being harrassed/mistreated, even if they had a valid Passport or other
documents, do not take chances get your visa "revalidated"
and then go for "Landing".

One step at a time.

All the best.

Vijay