Travel to a Special Registration Country on AP

shsa

Registered Users (C)
Me an My wife both have recently travelled to Pakistan (May 30th) on valid AP and believe it, it is very very safe, they just look at the AP make a copy of it and let us go through the immigration no question asked. They don't even bother to look at the I-485 receipt notice or any other documents which I was carrying with me.

One more advantage of travelling on AP as per immigration officer -- "You don't have to do the Registration any more".

:cool:

Shsa,

Did you have to see the immigration office before leaving USA? What did the immigration officer tell you when you left. Any special instructions/rule? Thanks a lot for sharing the info.

muntasir

As I was on H1 and did the registration, so while leaving I have to report to the INS counter (Chicago Airport) -- where they took my photo, finger print and put the departure recorded stamp on my I-94 Card and on my passport -- the complete process took less than 5 minutes and then let me go, telling me to enter on the AP (not on H1) next time -- because it is easier for you and for us too.

Shsa,

Thanks a lot for sharing the information. SO did the immigraion officer kept your I-94 when you left USA? I promise this is the last question I am asking in this regard. Thanks again.

muntasir

This is the sequence of event :

1. Arrived at the Airport
2. Went to the Immigration counter at the Airport -- they ask me to check in the luggage and get the boarding pass but don't give them your I-94 card.
3. Went to the flight counter, checked in the luggage and get the boarding pass, they ask for the I-94 card but I told them INS need it -- they said O.K keep it and submit it while boarding the plane.
4. Went to the INS counter --- they did their process and stamped the I-94 Card and my passport "Departure Recorded".
5. Went for the boarding and give the I-94 card to the boarding counter.

Shsa,

I guess you are from Chicago and left thru OHare airport. Your experince will help me a lot as I live in Chicago too. If i guess is wrong, still it will be of great help when I plan to visit my country in couple of months. Thanks a lot.

muntasir

shsa,

Here we go, we have three guys from Chicago with AP and special registration. My question is how long did it take you to have the INS stamp your passport and I-94. Do we need to allow extra time? I am assuming that three hours at the airport should be enough?

Sam

To be on the safe side be there 31/2 hours before departure, because some times the INS officers are not there on the counter -- so you may have to wait for them.