Travel Ticket - Infant - Cathy Pacific Airlines

H1toGCard

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Sorry to post it here, But please let me know with your experiences.

I will be traveling with Cathy Pacific Airlines, I have one question. Hope you will help me with your Experiences. I will be Traveling from SFO to India.

I am traveling with my kid and she will be below 2 years traveling and she will be more than 2 years (2 Year 25 Days) on return journey.

Can I still take infant ticket? Is the rules very strictly followed. Like they will check the date of birth certificate etc?

Please let me know. Any Experiences.

Thank You,

JoeF said:
Why don't you just ask them?
I don't think this is a strict rule. Essentially, all they care about is if the child takes up a seat or not.

If I had to ask airlines, I would have not wasted much of my time, posting this question. If you dont know the answer, simply beat it, dont waste your time in posting answer.

YeahRight! said:
If I had to ask airlines, I would have not wasted much of my time, posting this question. If you dont know the answer, simply beat it, dont waste your time in posting answer.

Actually before posting here, I asked them but they said that we have to take the extra ticket and i would expect them to say this because they will get more money.
But my travel agent is saying that, lots of people do that and it is not a problem and I am posting here to know any personal Experiences only.

If you have been in any such situation, please let me know your experiences.

Thank You again.

H1toGCard, I was in similar situation for domestic travel. I did buy seperate Tkt(which cost little less than adult). But if your travel agent suggestion that it might work, give a try, it will save your $$$. I think in worst situation, you might have to pay extra bucks at counter while returning back. Ask your agent if knows personally somebody who has travelled it like this from his travel agency. Check with them. That will help you to make your call.

H1toGCard said:
Hi,
Sorry to post it here, But please let me know with your experiences.

I will be traveling with Cathy Pacific Airlines, I have one question. Hope you will help me with your Experiences.
I will be Traveling from SFO to India.

I am traveling with my kid and she will be below 2 years traveling and she will be more than 2 years (2 Year 25 Days) on return journey.
---------- no problem as baby has return ticket.
if the ticket is one way from SFO to India then you need to pay extra for the baby travel after 2 year age the airline charge as CHILD fare.( i asked the info from travel agent) but the baby is lees than 2 years while going to India and baby has return ticket
Can I still take infant ticket?
-----------YES, buy the return ticket
Is the rules very strictly followed. Like they will check the date of birth certificate etc?
--------- baby will have passport and DOB is on it and all depends on airline

Please let me know. Any Experiences.

Thank You,

Last edited by a moderator: