Travel plans to India after filing I485

indomitable_77

Registered Users (C)
Hi all-

I've already applied for I140 (premium) and is in Pending status.
My PD: Aug 2006, Me and my Wife are on H1 status.
My H1 visa is good till Jun 2008 and my wife didn't get H1 stamped yet.
Applying for I485 in July.
We have planned to visit India in 1st wk of Aug and return back last wk of Sept. During that time my wife is goin to get her H1 stamped in Chennai.

Will there be any problem wrt to our I485 processing?
Once applied, how long does it take for getting Advance Parol papers or an appointment for Finger Printing?
Is it required to carry AP with us in our case?
If FP is sent, how much time will be given for us to respond?

Please share your knowledge. Thanks a lot.

Hi,
I applied my I-485 on June 29th for July quota. I went to India on July 12th for some urgency. On July 17th USCIS started accepting I-485 applications again. I went for H1-B renewal stamping on July 26th. I came back to US on August 4th. No I-485 receipt yet.
My Lawyer said no problem so far. Let's see what happens..

You don't need an AP document, if you are planning to use H1 visa to enter US. You would need a valid H1 visa stamp on your passport.

There is a slight probability of receiving finger printing call, during the time you are in India. If so, you can either reschedule it or come back from India and go for fingerprinting. So, talk to your lawyer and make sure he knows how to contact you if he receives a finger printing notice for you.

travel on pending I 485

Hi

I have a namecheck pending on my Green card ( Interview over).
I have an H1B visa stamp from my old employer that is valid till Oct 2008
I have an H1B status from new employer that is valid till Oct 2008 as well.

Can I travel using my H1B status? Should I get the visa stamp for the new employer?

Thanks