Travel out of US when H1 B extension is Pending

senthilkc

Registered Users (C)
Is it advisable to travel outside Us when H1 B extension is pending ?. I don\'t have receipt notice and the old visa expires on may 15 2002.
Can I go to India and return within this month. If I come back on April 30 2002 will I have a problem at POE since I have a visa till may 15 2002 only.

I have to go for my marriage as I am awaiting my 485 approval anytime.

Do not travel while pending!!!

Hi Mark,
I am now stuck in Thailand because I left the US and came back home without gettting my visa approved first. Right now, it\'s still pending.
I\'ve been here since Jan 21st and, my receipt date for the H1 extension is on Nov 23rd. Now, it\'s April, I am still stuck here because they are taking longer than expected. My boss over there is really worried.
I am also paying rent and car payment and am not getting paid for this
awfully long vacation! Don\'t go home, wait til you get your visa!!!!!!
Orada
you can write me at musicaccent@yahoo.com

Get married asap if your 485 is pending

Your H1 extension will have to be refiled if you leave the us meanwhile, however since you would return before your H1 expires, it would be ok. I don\'t think you will have any issue at the POE, you have to refile as soon as you return. I am not sure of your h4 though.

When did you file 485, when do you expect approval? File for your wife before that else you will have big time problems.