Travel on stamping

cnnatlanta123

Hi Gurus,

Request your help in clarifying this point. I have got the I-551 stamped on my passport. I wanted some information on travel outside US on I-551 stamp.

1) Is it typical of INS officers at Port of Entry into US to take a person entering on I-551 into a separate room/area for cross - questioning or finding out more information about him/her??

This practice is typically followed when one comes into the US on an Advance Parole, where the INS can be expected to cross question one on their job status, duration of stay, GC sponsorship etc. In the Adavnce Parole scenario, the AP/I-94 document is stamped for Advance Parolee.

2) Can one expect questions like which company sponsored your GC? What is your position at the port of entry?? etc. etc.

Please do let me know.

Anybody with experience on travelling with a stamped passport (temporary proof of perm res) recently? A friend reported that years ago the airline (Air India) did not let him board the plane from India without an additional letter from the embassy.

I heard it could be a problem at the transit in London/France. They do not recognize the passport stamped GC.