Travel On B1/B2 after L1-A denial

ZBlue

Hi ,

i have a valid B1/B2 visa issued in 2007. Have traveled on it for 3 mths. in 2007. This year I had applied for an L1A visa which was denied first in Feb (Blanket petition) and was then given a 221(g) in April (individual Petition). Have not heard from the USCIS since.

Now my company wants me to travel on the B1/B2 to attend some meetings/trainings but I am little apprehensive given the 2 denials.

Will it be alright to travel on the B1 or could there be complications ?

Thanks !

Well L1 visa is allowed to have a Immigrant intent, since you already showed your Immigrant intent by virtue of filing, a B1 entry will come with some grilling at the POE, but it doesn't mean you will be denied entry on B1.

Well L1 visa is allowed to have a Immigrant intent, since you already showed your Immigrant intent by virtue of filing, a B1 entry will come with some grilling at the POE, but it doesn't mean you will be denied entry on B1.

Thanks. Does it help that I have the B1 on an expired passport and the L1 applications on the renewed passport ? While I can probably manage the secondary screening (planning to carry client letter and a return ticket) , I'd rather not risk the possibility of entry denial at the POE.

What options do I have to make the journey trouble-free ? :)

It doesn't depend on old or new Passport, it's tied up to your Name, DOB, POB and country of Citizenship to match the two.
To tell you the truth, it is better if you avoid coming at all until you get a final answer for L1 or withdraw your L1 petition, because since you are in 221(g), you are already flagged in the system and probably are going thru several name check clearance processes at this time. I'm sure you already know that 221(g) is a black hole where it takes from several weeks to several months without a set time limit and the only thing you can do is wait. Have you tried calling the State Department in Washington DC to get a status update on the 221(g)?
But if you really have to Travel, get all the papers you can such as, What type of training you are coming here for and a letter from your company encompassing the whole trip with proposed meetings date/time schedule etc.