Travel on AP

waitingforaos

Registered Users (C)
I am planning on travelling on AP. Can anybody tell me if
1) Its OK to travel on AP
2) Are there any restrictions on travel.... as regards to time frame that a person can be out of US
3) Can I make a stop over in Europe for a couple of days before heading to India

Thanks for your input.

Regards

1) Its OK to travel on AP except that there will be more hassles (checks) while travelling.

2) There is like a 6-month limit or something to that extent. 1 or 2 months should be OK.

3) You need a visa to the european country to stop over.

My wife is Travelling on AP. She is travelling by British Airways (Via London). Does she require a Valid US Visa to travel through London?

Her Visa expired on Aug 6th .

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks
Ramesh

Stopping in London...

I recently travelled via Heathrow. Since I had a 9 hr lay-over, I filled out a landing form and was able to go to my friend's house. I think all they needed to see was my connecting flight ticket.

BTW, I was travelling on AP and the visa stamped on my passport had expired.

Lucky

It might depend on which country you belong, for the transit visa. I don't know if luckymb has Indian passport.

depends on the country

You may look at the Web site of the British embassy to the US. They post a list of countries whose citizens need a transit visa for stopover.

hi...

I do have an Indian Passport and even I thought that it would not be possible for me to leave the airport. But when I reached Heathrow, everyone from the Air Hostess to the guy at the gate said that I could go out of the Airport. There was absolutely no problem in getting a transit visa to get out of the airport cause I had a ticket for that evening out of Heathrow.

Lucky