Travel on AP while I-485 pending

harsar

Registered Users (C)
Friends, we are planning on travellling to India. My husband and I both came to US initially on F1 (stamped in passport) after which we got H1s (not stamped). We applied for GC while we were on H1s and they have since expired (we are on EAD right now; I am a homemaker). Now our I-485s are pending and we have valid APs in hand.

Would there be any trouble in our re-entry considering that our H1s were not stamped (we did not leave US during our valid H1 periods; last time we went to India was on our F1s)?

Thanks.

harsar said:
Friends, we are planning on travellling to India. My husband and I both came to US initially on F1 (stamped in passport) after which we got H1s (not stamped). We applied for GC while we were on H1s and they have since expired (we are on EAD right now; I am a homemaker). Now our I-485s are pending and we have valid APs in hand.

Would there be any trouble in our re-entry considering that our H1s were not stamped (we did not leave US during our valid H1 periods; last time we went to India was on our F1s)?

Thanks.
if you have valid AP you can come back with valid AP
*** you may need transit visa, check with the airline