Travel on AP in Nov itself

rkg12345

Registered Users (C)
6 years in U.S. finishing on Dec 2. Have recd the approved AP form and intend to use that for travelling to Delhi in Nov itself. Few questions-

- How many copies am I supposed to receive from the USCIS? http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/ap.html says that **usually** 3 copies are given -one for airline, one for re-entry and one for myself. However, I recd only two. Is that okay? If someone has travelled on AP recently, please advise.

- AP states that it is valid for multiple entries before Oct 2005. However, my lawyer said it is valid for **two** trips outside U.S. . Does multiple mean only two?

- Will I require a transit visa through Amsterdam or Paris? Any experiences?

- I was "out-of-status" on my H1 for about 9 months a few years ago. Had a valid H1 approval but I was not paid by my employer while on bench. Apparently, that counts as "out-of-status" time. Can that be a problem on re-entry? (I am assuming that "out-of-status" time doesnt count as "illegal" time)

Thank you very much for your responses!!!

rkg12345 said:
6 years in U.S. finishing on Dec 2. Have recd the approved AP form and intend to use that for travelling to Delhi in Nov itself. Few questions-

- How many copies am I supposed to receive from the USCIS? http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/ap.html says that **usually** 3 copies are given -one for airline, one for re-entry and one for myself. However, I recd only two. Is that okay?
---- That is OK, it depends on service center some give 2 other give 3 copies
If someone has travelled on AP recently, please advise.

- AP states that it is valid for multiple entries before Oct 2005. However, my lawyer said it is valid for **two** trips outside U.S. . Does multiple mean only two?
------ why Two?? what logic your lawyer gave you??? if it is Multiple you can use that more than two trips
- Will I require a transit visa through Amsterdam or Paris? Any experiences?
----- for Amsterdam you dont need Transit visa if going through Paris you need transit visa if you have AP and dont have US VISA stamp, contact the particular consulate
- I was "out-of-status" on my H1 for about 9 months a few years ago. Had a valid H1 approval but I was not paid by my employer while on bench.
--- you were out of status but not Illegal in US as you had valid I-94, Apparently, that counts as "out-of-status" time. Can that be a problem on re-entry? (I am assuming that "out-of-status" time doesnt count as "illegal" time)
---- you are correct,talk to your lawyer

Thank you very much for your responses!!!

Can anyone assist with one more question:
When travelling with Advance Parole, do i need to go to the immigration office in my country before leaving? Or do i just present the AP, tickets and other documents to the Offiicer at the Airport? How Does it Work? please help
thank you

Hi JJBBKK

Why would the immigration people in your home country have the slightest interest in your AP? However, the airline will almost certainly copy your AP at check-in since if you are denied admission to the US the airline can get hit with a big fine if they can't prove they checked you had valid entry documentation.

Therefore, at check-in you need to present passport, AP and ticket (if non-electronic). On arrival in the US you need to present passport, one original AP and completed I-94. The officer will stamp AP, passport and I-94 and return them all to you.

Ginnu,

The stamp on my I-94 has expired on 31st Oct. 2004. That is to say that it was stamped as class H1 Valid Until 31st Oct 2004. As of then on I am working on my EAD (AOS pending). Would the expired stamp be an issue of any kind in the future.

Rgds,

Yeppo

yeppo said:
Ginnu,

The stamp on my I-94 has expired on 31st Oct. 2004. That is to say that it was stamped as class H1 Valid Until 31st Oct 2004. As of then on I am working on my EAD (AOS pending). Would the expired stamp be an issue of any kind in the future.
---no, becase you are on AOS pending
Rgds,

Yeppo

Thanks DMS, now it is clear. I just wanst sure if i had to go to american embassy in my country before entering back the US. But apperently i dont have to do anything like that, just present all the paperwork to the officer in airport. Thank you

I have a question. Notice Date on my AP is 09/02 and it has been approved and mailed. I called the USCIS and noone can tell whether the actual AP was mailed or just the approval notice?? Does anyone know, since i have to travel this december.
Also, I am travelling thru London, do i need a transit visa or any other visa??? please advise
thank you

If you have AP & travelling thru London you needs Transit Visa

Travelling on AP thru London needs transit visa..due to this I travelled thru Amsterdam...

Then does anyone know how to get that transit visa???
I called the British Counsil and they told me that as long as i dont plan on leaving the airport and this is just a layover then i dont need any visa. Is that true??????

JJBBKK said:
Then does anyone know how to get that transit visa???

---- go to nearest British consulate and get Transit visa, read the documents needed for visa on consulate site
I called the British Counsil and they told me that as long as i dont plan on leaving the airport and this is just a layover then i dont need any visa. Is that true??????
------ did you have any proof what they said??? with AP one needs transit visa if you are Indian citizen

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/U...nsit&nationality=India&location=United+States

Thank you. I went to that website and found out about my country.

Last edited by a moderator:
JJBBKK said:
Thank you. Is this only for Indian citizens??? because i am not indian citizen. please advise

---- go to the main site and check with your citizenship

Does anyone know about this please: Notice Date on my AP is 09/02 and it has been approved and mailed. I called the USCIS and noone can tell whether the actual AP was mailed or just the approval notice?? Does anyone know, since i have to travel this december

There is no AP approval notice as far as I can recall. Therefore, if something has been mailed it will be the actual AP.

All,
I just got my AP and i only received 2 copies. Does anyone know if this is standard, cause i heard taht i was supposed to receive 3 copies. thanks

The A# on my AP is different from the one on my I-485 Notice of Action, is this going to be a problem when i travel?? does anyone know if they match the A# with whatever is in teh system or anything like that?