Travel on AP by Lufthansa (through Germany)

cbman

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My wife and I have APs, we would like to travel by Lufthansa to go to India. With Northwest, I believe we don't need any transit visa or visitors visa. But I keep hearing different things about flying through germany. I came across something on the german consulate website and on immihelp.com that if you have a valid visa to come back and a confirmed ticket (10 hr duration between flights) then you don't need transit visa. This is courtesy extended to Indians and Turkish recently???
Has any one done this? I actually had friends who flew back to USA just with APs on AirFrance etc.. they were never asked about any transit visa, they didn't have one.
Please share your experiences and knowledge.

Thank you

You should be fine

My wife and I just came back from our vacation in India 2 days ago and i flew Lufthansa via Frankfurt using AP and there was no problem whatsover in Frankfurt or at the PoE in Newark with Advanced Parole.

I called German Consulate in Atlanta last week, and they said Transit Visa is not required if you have a Advance Parole Document.

I travelled to India from New York via Frankfurt on Lufthansa with AP. No issues whatsoever. You do not need any transit visa for Germany.

As long as you are just transiting and are not planning on leaving the airport (or passing through immigration (even by mistake)), your AP should be fine for Germany. Considering the crankiness of officers in the airports (usually where you depart from), you may be better off confirming this in writing from a German consulate.