Travel on AP…485 pending

shas123

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I am traveling to India almost after 10 years and this is my very first trip back. I am working on EAD right now and I just changed job 3 months back but haven’t notified USCIS. I will be using my AP to travel, do I need to notify CIS about my job change before my travel? Also appreciate if you can post your experience on travel using AP. This is my very first traveling outside US and really appreciates your comment

Thanks

Same boat

Guys,

I am also in the same boat.
I will be travelling ot India for the first time after getting my AP 2 yrs ago.
I have not used my AP before to travel and my H1 has not been stamped. but I will be using EAD and AP while travelling. Please let me know if any difficult you guys ever had. How would they give I-94? I mean how many years and what should I do after I-94 expiry next year.

Appreciate your help.

Hmmm

my understanding is you'll get an AP - for a validity period for only one year at a time. im not sure how you could use the AP you received 2 years ago. i have not travelled on AP so far

Guys

Me and my wife went to cruise last year to Bahamas. We used our AP to get into US.
My wife went to india 2 months ago and she is returning next week using the 2nd AP.
I think it went smooth last time. this time it will also go smooth for her. Lets hope.
So i dont thing it will create any problem for you guys too.

Good luck.
Sathya

Please advise

Please advise urgently. Can anyone please let me know can we use the same valid parole with which we have entered once.Like my brother entered US recently on his parole and they stamped it. Now he needs to urgently fly back to India as my mother is very serious. Can the same document be used since it is valid till April 2007.

Check the AP

If AP allows multiple entry then he can go.

Read the AP. It might say something related to the multiple entry.

Thanks
SAthya

I had the similar situation I switched employer and hasnt informed INS last month went to india on advanced parole and back smoothely using AP

Old Paroles did not say anything about using it multiple times but evidently it could be used multiple times as I used it multiple times for many reentries.

New Paroles (I just rcvd one yesterday) have indications on them that they can be used multiple times

These are my finding after going through the forum

1) It’s not required to notify CIS about you job change but just added precaution it’s not bad idea to notify
2) You can use your AP for multiple entries if it states it can be used for multi entry purposes
3) If you are going via Frankfurt, and you hold AP or GC you do not require a transit permit
4) No paper work to fill or anything before departure. Just keep your PP, AP, Employment letter with you
5) Not bad idea to keep your business cards with you just incase
6)Make sure to pack all your metal or sharp objects in the check in baggage

Fellow members please advice in case if i had missed any

Any problem using AP ever ??

Guys,

I am travelling using AP for the first time. I got from this fourm so far is that nobody faced any problem at POE here while using AP. I am leaving my pregnant wife and 2 year old kid behind here in US.

I am carrying a valid AP that expires in 2007. So hopefully there shoud not be any problem.

Guys,
1. please let me know if you have ever had problem anytime using AP?
2. What all documents to be carried along with AP?
3. What would be my status after using AP as I am still on H1B receipt (but not stamped)

Thanks ----
PD - April 2000
I-140 - April 2002
I-485 RD - Dec'2004
LUD 1 - May'2005
2nd EAD
2nd AP

You should not anticipate any problem using AP.

They sometime ask you general questions about you and employer - they are mostly behavioral questions

Your status remains same even after using AP unless you start using EAD