Travel International before Interview ?

rakosri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have my interview scheduled for July 28th.
I have to go to India. I plan to go for 3 weeks, retruning on July 20th.
Is it advisable to travel between the FP and interview time ?

Thanks
Rako

There's no issues for traveling between FP and IV as long as it doesn't bring into question your continuous resident requirement. (ie travel over 6 months).

You are lucky.. you can go to India. -- no issues for traveling between FP and IV, but just prepare gathering all documents now before you leave for India.

- make the list of documents that you should bring to the interview (i.e. driving records, tax transcripts/tax returns, visa status proofs, bills, driver license, social security card, 4 photos, anything)
- study for US civic exam
- search for more information about interview and oath. You might have any questions to ask.

If you have time for all those items to prepare, you can go to India. Please make sure to keep your travel ticket, boarding pass, entry stamp (india), exit stamp (india), and entry stamp (returning from india) because you will show proofs so interviewer can update your N-400 at the time of the interview. also, please confirm your ticket reservations, otherwise you would be stuck in India and miss interview. If you don't have time to gather documents, I suggest you not to travel to India, but if you want to postpone it, you can request (but it is not advisable because uscis can screw up the computer system).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

Thank you for your information. I will try to gather all the documents before i leave, that way, i dont have any tensions
Thanks again.

Hi,

I have also the interview on July 28th. How do u know your Oath date before hand? I also want to request for July 30th Oath Date in Philly DO, as someone mentioned that oath dates are available on Wednesdays in Philly. Kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Akapoor