Travel Experience with Only one original copy of AP - please reply

vidchin

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have expreience travelling with only one original copy of Advance Parole. My wife is returning this Monday. She had two original copies. One was lost in UK Consulate when she applied for DAT visa. They are so useless & clueless. I wonder how they get their jobs. The other original was taken at POE when we travlled first time on AP. She does not have time to fight with UK Consulate to make them search for the AP.

Now she has only one original AP. Do you think it will pose any problem any where? Any suggestions?

Anyone has personal experience travelling with a single original copy of AP? Please share.

Thanks in advance,
Vidchin

No problem, when my wife travelled with AP, she only gave one copy and they stamped it and gave it back.

My wife had entered the US through New York from India and there were no issues with only 1 AP form.

However, When on another trip when my wife & I entered US through Houston the immigration officer the POE insisted for another copy. Luckily, we kept another AP from with us. He stamped both the copies kept one for his records and gave another one to me.

Thank you

GC050102, lpasupul,

Thanks guys. I appreciate your response.
I don't think my wife would face any problems. I am just trying to re-assure myself.

I asked INS official

at port of entry why do he need another copy. Then he said it is for theur records only, even a photo copy along with orie original copy holds good for that purpose. But I was not having a photo copy I gave him the another original copy to him.

My advise is have photo copies of original along with you.

Its ok with 1 AP..

Dont worry about it. I have travelled...on 1 AP. I was asked if I have another copy for future so that they can keep that copy.

-Sanju

Thank you

Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge. My wife made enough copies. My suggestion to folks applying for UK transit visa in India is not to go through Visa Application Centers(VFS). Go directly to the consulate. That way you don't loose your original docs.
So much of trouble for travelling on AP.

My Friend came yesterday from Bombay, India to EWR. Here is his experience:

At Bombay airport, officials tried to harrash him, they wanted the original AP for their record, which my friend refused and then he had to wait for more than a hour to get the clearance. Official took the photocopy of the AP and let him board the flight.

At EWR airport, it was too easy, just one more check for AP people and he spend 20 minutes extra and was out with no issues.

Hope this helps!