Travel Document taking 424 to 452 days ... amazing

thukralrk

Registered Users (C)
I checked the status of my AP application. It says it is taking between 424 and 454 days to process such cases. This is pretty amazing why do they need so much of time to process such cases.

Previously, I received my AP approval within 30 to 45 days, in both instances.

I'm totally surprised.

Did anybody received AP in lesser time than stated on the status screen or this is correct and it is actually taking this long.

Don't you fell that you just want to laugh? AP is good only for one year, so if what you said is true, you really need to apply your next AP even before you receive your this AP. (Isn't there only 365 days in one year? Man, I really start to have serious doubt about my intelligence now but aren't we suppose to be this so called elite group in this country 'cause supposably, we won't be able to pass 140 unless we can prove that we are the best in our field and our employer really can't find anybody to replace us with anybody for the professional position we are holding right now (EB based immigration)?????
There is something wrong with this picture. Somebody is really messed up here!!!

I also think that this is a typo by some data entry operator, probably they were told to enter 42 days but this guy entered 424 days and 2nd part might be autocalculated adding 30 days so instead of 72 it becomes 454.

Lets see when it gets through.

Sincerely I wish that before my 3rd EAD / AP comes through I should get my 485 approval.

Thanks

Even in my AP Notice its written 424 days but I have seen that generally its getting approved within 45 days…so don’t pay much attention to this…

The form I-131 is used for applying not just for Advance Parole but other things too (Reentry Permit, Refugee Travel Document, etc.). Looks like the the timeframe they show in the receipt notice is the max it takes for any of these applications -- except, if you look in the NSC Processing Time Report, the one for "Advance Parole for HRIFA dependent (block F)" which has a processing-now date of 1/10/2000.

I panicked too when I got a similar timeframe (375-410 days) a while back but mine got approved in about 60 days (NSC; RD: 14 Jul 2003; Issue Date: 11 Sep 2003).

But doesn't this thread properly belong to the "EAD and AP" forum? Posting in the right forum will help people find info easily when needed, besides possibly getting you a faster response.