Travel between interview and oath

yhhy1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

If I want to have a travel between interview and oath, Is there something I need to know?

Such as do not travel outside over 6 months, is there something I need to know?

Thanks again.:)

The main thing you need to know is that all the N-400 eligibility criteria must still be met at the time you take oath, so don't travel so long that you'd either break continuous residence or roll outside of the physical presence window.

Most of all, DO NOT think you can move abroad and take up foreign employment without it becoming a big issue.

The main thing you need to know is that all the N-400 eligibility criteria must still be met at the time you take oath, so don't travel so long that you'd either break continuous residence or roll outside of the physical presence window.

Most of all, DO NOT think you can move abroad and take up foreign employment without it becoming a big issue.

Thanks for your response
So...... is that mean do not travel over 6 months? Is that the point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response
So...... is that mean do not travel over 6 months? Is that the point?

The point is that you are still a PR and all the rules apply. So yes- do not travel for more than 6 months or you risk breaking your continuous residence. And greater than 1 year abroad could be determined as an abandonment of your PR status.

Usually oaths are scheduled not far from interview date these days as they complete namechecks by interview. So be sure to reschedule oath if it falls on your out-of-country period. This is very important.

what is your jurisdiction and timeline in N400 process

The point is that you are still a PR and all the rules apply. So yes- do not travel for more than 6 months or you risk breaking your continuous residence. And greater than 1 year abroad could be determined as an abandonment of your PR status.

Usually oaths are scheduled not far from interview date these days as they complete namechecks by interview. So be sure to reschedule oath if it falls on your out-of-country period. This is very important.

what is your jurisdiction and timeline in N400 process

Thanks

TSC

PD 6/15
FP 7/24

ID 11/15 (passed and received the congratulation letter)

OD ???

Don't know why until today I haven't receive the letter.