Travel after PP stamping

Tamil Pyan

Registered Users (C)
Hello friendsL:

Any issues on traveling out of the country after PP stamping ? Do I need to carry I-485 approval notice ?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Average guy on this message board is either waiting for some response from INS after long months or is frustrated about some RFE or trying to figure out INS logic. And here you are you have Green card stamp in your passport and is concerned if you should carry that heavy approval document with you or not. You are one of the lucky one !!! Go enjoy your freedom.

Murugan2 if i were you i would be on the beaches of florida, not in this god forsaken place. Or do you want some fun out of us ??

If I were you, I will not go out if I don't have to. You will never know what kind of new systems they will install after you leave and you will become an suspect. Good luck. You have been a luck guy. Enjoy your freedom and do a lot of good thing because of that.:cool:

I disagree

I disagree for all I know you will have no problems coming or leaving as you are now a permament resident not a slave anymore.. Just bring your passport that has your permanent residence stamped on it... what else do you want??? this is no simple visa, this is a green card, if they don't let you in with that what good is it to even be a permant resident??? you already waited 3 years or so for this thing... am I crazy???
Of course i am not an attorney and you should always consult one since the law changes everyday

fernleon.....

I agree with you. Infact I will travelling on my stamped passport in Jan. The only suggestion attorney and INS officer gave was keep your 485 approval notice with you. I think you are from St. Louis. When do you thing you will get your plastic -card? Thanks for your input.