Travel after filing Re-enrty Permit

marwan234

Registered Users (C)
My wife mailed her re-entry permit on the same day she traveled. She was unable to stay until the form was received the next day. Last time she entered the US after 5 months of stay overseas, the IO at the POE gave her a hard time and asked her to file an I-131 otherwise she may lose her GC on the next entry. She has been a LPR since 2009 and is due to apply for Citizenship next month. She has traveled frequently outside the US in the last two years but has not taken any trips longer than 6 months. She has around 930 days of physical presence in the last 5 years. Do you expect they will deny her entry when she comes back for FP in a few weeks? (Jackolantern your feedback is appreciated)

It depends on the POE officials, Since they have already asked her to file I-131, Application for Travel Document, she may be stopped at the POE ,to show the filled I-131.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

My wife mailed her re-entry permit on the same day she traveled. She was unable to stay until the form was received the next day. Last time she entered the US after 5 months of stay overseas, the IO at the POE gave her a hard time and asked her to file an I-131 otherwise she may lose her GC on the next entry. She has been a LPR since 2009 and is due to apply for Citizenship next month. She has traveled frequently outside the US in the last two years but has not taken any trips longer than 6 months. She has around 930 days of physical presence in the last 5 years. Do you expect they will deny her entry when she comes back for FP in a few weeks? (Jackolantern your feedback is appreciated)