Travel after filing H1

bsraj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Now i am US with L1 for company A and am planning to apply for H1 for company B. After filing H1, i am planning to travel back to india and won't be here atleast till Dec'08.

My query is, is it possible tell the government legally that i will be abroad during the process time and i wish to continue the process and make visa stamping in india?.

or if i apply for premium processing, is it possible to get approval within April 30th?. b'cz my return trip is confirmed on April 30th.

Please let me know your comments.

or if i apply for premium processing, is it possible to get approval within April 30th?. b'cz my return trip is confirmed on April 30th.

Please let me know your comments.

No one knows when the lottery will be performed and hence no one can determine what's going to happen to PP cases. Premium may likely be suspended until the lottery day, like last year. I am not sure.

As the previous poster suggested, you are good to travel. The only thing is that the Change of Status, if requested with H1 petition, will be deemed abandoned by the USCIS. Your H1 approval has not effect whatsoever though.

In December if you want to come on H1, you will need to get an H1 visa. Enter using this visa, approval notice, recent offer letter.