Travel after CP Interview

kprakash

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Is there a requirement that all petitioners should come back together after a successful CP interview? Do we all have to be present at the POE at the same time? Can my family travel separately a few days after I come into the USA?

Please send me a mail with your experiences to kprakash@yahoo.com

I would really appreciate your inputs so that I can plan our trip to Chennai accordingly.

Thanks
Prakash Krishnamurthy

kprakash@yahoo.com

Prakash:

If you read DS-0230 part I, line 21 a & b, you will notice you have the option of stating which dependents will accompany you to US and which ones will join you later.

You just need to complete that. They will issue the paperwork accordingly.

hello Prakash,

if your interview is scheduled for November,
please join the discussion for CHENNIA-INTERVIEW NOV THREAD.

i had the same question and got it answered by "Moulin the great". The answer is, the BENEFICIARY should come to usa first. Then spouce/children can follow.
All you have to do is TELL the consulate-person during your interview face-to-face. that way, they will give you/your spouce two seperate packages. But please read the thread below.

please follow this thread. Go half-way find my posting by name "localMadras". Moulin was so helpful in answering my questions.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=57571&perpage=15&pagenumber=7

Hello friends,
Do any one knows within what time frame should we enter US after our interview?